Master of Laws with 2 to 6 years of relevant experience in IT law, data protection and other technology related matters, as part of a law firm or as in-house legal counsel, wanting to go back to the bar. Fluent in Dutch and English.
Our client is a niche business law firm, with a specific focus on corporate law, M&A, IT law, technology and GDPR, and commercial contracting, combining legal insights with a fresh and focused mindset.
The firm has a unique variety of (inter)national clients and innovative start-and scale-ups.
The technology team specializes in answering legal issues relevant to new technologies in the field of privacy, IP, ICT law and other commercial related matters. The team assists clients in a wide range matters, such as drafting and negotiating services agreements (including SAAS), technology licenses, SLA’s and joint development agreements. The team further specializes in advising in the area of privacy and data protection. You will also assist in IP and technology due diligence.
Our client is currently looking for a Tech Associate.
As part of the technology team, you will:
- Advise on all aspects of IT law and data protection, including drafting and negotiating all types of technology related agreements.
- Work with and advise business clients directly.
- Take up the role of account manager for several clients.
- Depending on your seniority, you may gradually supervise younger colleagues.
- You hold a Belgian Masters in Law and have strong academic credentials. A Manama or Master in IP (IT) law is an asset.
- You embrace technology and are passionate about innovation.
- You have 2 to 6 years relevant experience in drafting and negotiating technology related agreements (including SaaS and technology licensing) privacy and data protection.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (both written and spoken).
- You have the ability to work well both in team and individually.
- You are focused on client relationship and are solution-oriented.
- Ability to see the big picture and solutions instead of problems.
- You will be part of a team with a proven track within IT law.
- You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team, where initiative is truly valued.
- You will have room for personal development.
- You will have a competitive compensation related to your qualifications and experience and a stimulating work environment.