Master in Law and Taxation with at least 6 years of experience in the Tax department of a company or an international law/consulting firm. Native Dutch, good working knowledge of English and French.
ENGIE develops efficient and innovative solutions for individuals, cities and businesses by relying in particular on its expertise in several key sectors: Renewables, Energy Solutions, Infrastructure, Thermal Production and Energy Supply. The ambition is to be the leader in the carbon neutral transition, i.e. to offer customers, businesses and local communities the means to achieve their energy transition easily and at the lowest cost.
To become a leader of the carbon-neutral transition in Belgium, ENGIE masters all professions related to the energy sector: from energy production to consumption optimization, from research and innovation to the maintenance of the most complex installations, from engineering to the construction and implementation of projects.
In Belgium, ENGIE can count on 7,000 employees and more than 300 researchers to meet the challenges of the carbon neutral transition.
ENGIE is currently looking for a tax manager, to strengthen the tax department.
The main missions of the Tax Manager are:
- Assist the accounting, legal and business teams on daily tax questions;
- Assistance in the review of the Corporate Income tax returns prepared by the accounting services for the Group’s entities in Belgium;
- Analyze the tax aspects of the activities of the Group's entities in Belgium, mainly in terms of corporate income tax and Belgian VAT, but also energy taxes and other taxes;
- Analyze the tax aspects of investments in Belgium (nuclear, thermal, renewable) both in terms of local and cross-border taxation and in terms of the consequences on the tax situation of the parent company and any intermediary companies;
- Analyze the tax aspects during negotiations for contracts and restructuring operations, acquisitions and disinvestments, including the taxation aspects of due diligence;
- Discussion and coordination with external advisors;
- Discussion and coordination with the Global Business Units managers from the Group Tax Department, the legal department, financial and corporate project analysts, asset managers and other departments such as finance, accounting, management control, consolidation, audit, etc.;
- Assistance in the framework of tax inspections (CIT and VAT mainly) of the Group’s entities in Belgium;
- Carry out tax monitoring with the other members of the tax team in Belgium;
- Help in the preparation of tax training in coordination with the other members of the tax team in Belgium;
- Help on transversal Corporate topics of the Group involving other countries.
- University degree in Law (or Business Administration);
- Master's degree in Taxation;
- At least 6 years’ experience in the Tax department of a company or an international law/consulting firm;
- Dutch native, good professional knowledge in English and French;
- Certified by the Belgian Institute for Tax Advisers and Accountants (ITAA) or motivated to apply for certification by completing the training and the three-year internship provided by the ITAA;
- Team spirit and interpersonal skills;
- Open-mindedness, curiosity;
- Sense of a job well done, rigorous;
- Voluntary, dynamic, ready to intervene on a wide variety of subjects in interaction with his colleagues.
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the ENGIE University);
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.