Enthusiastic manager with strong legal background - minimum 8 years of professional experience in a law firm or as inhouse legal counsel (eg in a bank or an insurance company) – strong skills as team leader - native Dutch or French speaking with good command of the other language and English.
The mission of Test Aankoop/Test-Achats is to protect and defend consumers’ needs and rights. They offer a global concept for the consumer, ranging from the known publications like Test Aankoop/Test-Achats, Budget & Recht/Budget & Droits, Test Gezondheid/Test Santé, Test Aankoop Invest/Test-Achats Invest… to online advice and individualized legal support, and all this thanks to the commitment of our approximately 380 enthusiastic collaborators.
Test Aankoop/Test Achats is a 100% independent organization and collaborates intensively with an international group of independent consumer organizations that employs about 1200 collaborators.
Test Aankoop/Test Achats is currently looking for a Senior Manager Customer Advice
Reporting to the Country Manager, you contribute actively to the definition of the strategy of the Personal Assistance Service (PAS) Department. You participate in the local PAS framework design and lead its implementation in the organization, proposing and developing local action plans, ensuring the consumers’ assistance concerning personal issues or current campaigns.
The PAS Department delivers support and advice to consumers throughout different channels (phone, email, website and Social Media).
Your key responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Country Manager, you contribute to the definition of the Belgian PAS strategy. You participate actively in the local implementation of this strategy in an innovative and effective way.
- As Local Manager, you contribute to the implementation of the overall Test Aankoop/Test-Achats strategy and its implementation within your department.
- In the nature of the activities your department, you ensure the existence and the use of our values, especially our ‘close to you’, stay alert for the needs and expectations of the consumers in general and our members in particular.
- Active in ‘Content providing’, you implement a process of identification and valuing of all relevant information, coming from cases, managed by your teams. You work in close collaboration with Editorial and/or Public Affairs & Media (PAM) in order to find the best solution for these cases.
- You are responsible for the quality, reliability and efficiency of the services, managed through the different channels of communication (call center, email, Social Media, website). You guarantee a positive and professional image of Test Aankoop/Test-Achats in accordance with our SLAs.
- You represent the department internally and outside the organization.
- You build a transversal collaboration with the internal stakeholders (Marketing, Customer Care & Commercial Support, PAM, ...) and external organizations (media, government, ...).
- As people manager, you are responsible for the proper functioning of the team, with special attention for a clear communication and team spirit. Personal development and motivation of your team members are very important for you.
- European Center for the Consumer (ECC): You are ‘accountable’ for the yearly extension of the European project. Project management and team coordination is guaranteed by the ECC Coordinator, who reports to you.
- Master in Law or equivalent by experience
- Good knowledge about the legal assistance market : proven experience in an (international) Law Firm office and/ or as inhouse legal counsel (eg in a bank or an insurance company)
- Experience with general commercial law and contracts, with consumer law and/or insurance law are a strongly recommended
- Proven experience with product management and having a business oriented mindset is considered a plus
- Strong experience in people management, coaching & personal development
- Professional experience of minimum 8 years
- Experience in managing a functional team (Project management)
- Experience in a Contact Center environment is an asset
- Customer centric, with a good strategic vision (helicopter view)
- Able to detect opportunities & to make it happen (result oriented)
- Change manager, good communicator, team federator
- Create synergies internally or externally
- Experience in an environment in complete evolution/transformation, Change oriented
- Experience in an international environment (in a multicultural context, different time zones, …)
Reporting directly to the Country Manager Belgium, you’ll be offered :
- A high degree of challenges and the opportunity to further develop and maximize your competences in a group with international fame
- A pleasant work atmosphere with flexible working hours
- A motivating and competitive remuneration package with fringe benefits (including a company car, ...)