You have at least 7 years of experience as a lawyer familiar with banking & finance law or in a similar position in the banking & finance industry. Experience with fund-specific regulations, MIFID, AIFM and/or UCITS is considered a plus.
You are fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus.
Our client, Degroof Petercam, is a reference independent financial institution, serving private, institutional investors and organizations, based on a history dating back to 1871.
Headquartered in Brussels, they employ 1400 professionals through offices in Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Switzerland, Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Hong Kong.
Their clients benefit from best in-class services through the unique combination of private banking, institutional asset management, investment banking (corporate finance and financial intermediation) and asset services.
Our client manages assets of over 50 billion euro for private investors and families, corporates, public and corporate pension funds, insurance companies, governmental and non-profit organizations.
In order to reinforce the business unit Degroof Petercam Asset Management – developing very fast on the international scene – we are currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel, specialised in Asset Management, to help covering DPAM’s international activity.
In this role you will:
- Support the Head of Legal in the steering and the management of the Legal department;
- Support the pan-European distribution of investment funds and more in general all international activities of DPAM;
- Support Legal team in the business as usual (develop, review and make recommendations to proposed contracts, legal forms, letters, licenses and all legal documents to provide clarity and anticipate legal risks);
- Support Legal team in the implementation of regulatory projects (SFDR, SRDII, NFRD, etc.);
- Maintain good relationships with the regulatory authorities (FSMA) and represent the company at the Belgian Asset Management Association (BEAMA);
- Monitor the regulatory and legislative evolution with a focus on investment funds related topics;
- Organize training sessions and keep informed the fund and institutional portfolio managers concerning legal evolutions.
- Ensure that legal opportunities and needs are effectively identified, anticipated, assessed and managed in a business-oriented manner in line with local laws, regulations and best professional practices.
You will report to the General Secretary and Head of Legal of Degroof Petercam Asset Management.
- You are a Belgian Master in law;
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a lawyer familiar with banking & finance law or in a similar position in the banking & finance industry. Experience with fund-specific regulations, MIFID, AIFM and/or UCITS is considered a plus;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus;
- You are highly motivated and are able to integrate quickly in a new environment;
- You are able to work autonomously and to steer a small team;
- You are solution oriented, organized and pro-active;
- Yu are an analytical thinker with sound business acumen, objectivity and accountability;
- You are able to translate complex theoretical principles towards the practical implications for the asset management business;
- You are able to build up good interpersonal relationships and like to work in close partnership with the people in the business.
By working for Degroof Petercam Asset Management, you will join a leading European Asset Manager.
As from the start, you work with colleagues from various business lines and have direct impact on the institutional clients, both end-investors and distributors.
Looking for a long term relationship not only with their clients but also with you as employee, our client offers you an attractive salary package, including a performance related bonus, extra-legal benefits and a variety of in-house finance-specialized and management training as well as external programs.