Senior Legal Counsel with at least 8 years of experience in (real estate) transactions. Knowledge of English.
Cofinimmo has been acquiring, developing and managing rental properties for over 35 years. The company has a portfolio spread across Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Germany and Spain, with a value of approximately 4.3 billion EUR. With attention to social developments, Cofinimmo has the mission of making high-quality care, living and working environments available to its partners-tenants, from which users benefit directly. “Caring, Living and Working - Together in Real Estate” is the expression of this mission. Thanks to its expertise, Cofinimmo has built up a healthcare real estate portfolio of approximately 2.4 billion EUR in Europe.
As an independent company that applies the highest standards of corporate governance and sustainability, Cofinimmo offers its tenants services and manages its portfolio through a team of approximately 130 employees in Brussels, Paris, Breda and Frankfurt.
Cofinimmo is listed on Euronext Brussels (BEL20) and benefits from the REIT system in Belgium (RREC), France (SIIC) and the Netherlands (FBI).
The company applies an investment policy aimed at offering a socially responsible, long-term, low-risk investment that generates a regular, predictable and growing dividend.
The legal department of Cofinimmo currently wishes to hire a Senior Legal Counsel who will mainly support the growing German market.
The Senior Legal Counsel provides legal advice on all business matters with a focus on transactional work (i.e. investment and disinvestment of real estate through either a share or asset deal, including leases and long term occupation rights). He/she manages the legal risks of all German activities of the company.
- Manage the legal aspects of investment and disinvestment files: active involvement in the analysis, preparation and drafting of the various legal documents (SPAs, APAs, lease/long lease agreement, development agreements, ….) and follow up on legal risk issues, due diligences and structurings (together with the tax team)
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters
- Review all contracts/documents submitted for legal opinion of the department
- Manage and monitor the legal aspects of town planning and environmental files
- Manage pre-litigation and litigation files
- In general, manage the legal risk of the company
- Provide the interface with external advisors
- Provide support/advice and implement the decisions of the Executive Committee (on request)
- You have at least 8 years of experience in transactional real estate, gained in a respected law firm, a consultancy organisation or a real estate company.
- Good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch, French or Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in corporate M&A & Real Estate
- Good knowledge of civil law governing property, leases, town planning, environment including
- Ability to supply clear, ad hoc legal opinions for other departments
- Ability to draft contracts in English and German
- Ability to negotiate (defend a legal point of view in relation to outsiders) in German/English and any additional language
- Willingness to travel (within Germany)
- Able to interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Able to analyse and solves complex problems
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Able to work result orientated, independently, secure and under stress
- Assertiveness, control of emotions, planning and organisation,
In addition to a motivating and competitive remuneration package, the function offers an interesting blend of intellectually challenging and varied internationally oriented work and a hands-on approach, requiring you to show a readiness to ‘step into the business’ and help realize the objectives of our client.
You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in organizing your work.