Master in law with minimum 7 years professional experience gained in a reputable law firm and/or multinational company - Experience in commercial law, intellectual property law and corporate governance, understanding of generalist legal topics appreciated - strong interest in space topics considered as a plus.
Fluency (oral and written) in English, any other European language is a plus.
Since their creation in 1992, Rhea Group (www.rheagroup.com) has grown both organically and through acquisitions. From a foundation in the space sector, they have broadened their scope to encompass cyber and physical security expertise and a leading role in system engineering. Rhea Group has built a reputation as a trusted partner, developing tailored solutions that help drive organizational and cultural initiatives, leading to sustainable added value for their customers.
Their engineers and researchers are some of the most respected in their industries, providing unique capabilities for their clients’ missions and projects.
The headquarters are in Belgium and they have over 800 staff internationally. They work in Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, UK, Switzerland and Canada with staff located at our offices and on clients’ premises.
Rhea is now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join the Legal department in our HQ near Brussels.
The purpose of this role, directly reporting to the General Counsel, is acting as a strategic business partner across all departments providing legal support for a diverse range of matters.
The role is well supported internally by legally trained team members and with external counsel, if needed. As a generalist, the Senior Legal Counsel must bring a broad experience
from dealing with a range of commercial legal issues, be able to triage matters effectively, and be able to get quickly across new issues as they arise.
This is a varied role with responsibility and autonomy in an international legal team. This role will be working from our Wavre office within our flexible working policy.
- Provide legal advice with a focus on drafting, negotiating and advising on a broad range of contracts with companies of the space and commercial sector;
- Being a generalist on a broad range of legal topics, such as corporate, real estate, IP&IT, regulatory,…;
- Consistently anticipate, analyze, communicate and propose mitigation strategies for potential risks on contractual, regulatory, compliance areas;
- Being highly professional with high integrity and interpersonal skills, excellent in analyzing legal issues and in providing pragmatic tailor-made solutions, high interest in fast changing market evolution, being flexible and committed to bottom line result, outgoing and pro-active, being a quick thinker and stress resistant, being a team player and computer literate;
- Increase efficiency of legal operations by developing and maintaining procedures, guidelines, internal training;
- Able to operate without significant supervision, and independently handle complex matters.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s Degree in Law;
- Qualified to practice law in Belgium;
- Minimum 7 years experience in a reputable law firm and/or in a multinational company;
- Experience in commercial law, intellectual property law and corporate governance, understanding of generalist legal topics appreciated;
- Experience with working on multi jurisdictional matters preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex matters in simple and understandable manner;
- Results driven, validated experience leading strategic projects with ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Intercultural awareness and innovative mindset;
- Fluency (oral and written) in English, any other European language is an advantage;
- Experience with agencies such as ESA, EUSPA, Commission would be an asset, not a must.
- Rhea encourages everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, personalized training and development programmes.