Senior legal Counsel with 5 to 10 years of experience in commercial agreements, gained in an international company or an international law firm.
Excellent knowledge of English is required. In addition, an excellent knowledge of Dutch is required, with a very good knowledge of French OR an excellent knowledge of French, with a very good knowledge of Dutch.
Our client, Alpha Trains, has owned and leased locomotives and passenger trains for nearly 21 years. More than 125 employees of various nationalities are active across Europe. Their approximately 850 locomotives and passenger trains are utilized in 19 European countries.
In order to support the legal team, Alpha Trains is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel, specialized in commercial agreements.
As a legal counsel, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate and ensure compliance of all commercial and other legal agreements, in accordance with group standards with a sound understanding of the relevant risks and obligations;
- Provide general and specialised legal advice to colleagues from other departments;
- Handle disputes and following up of litigations;
- Ensure availability and updates of standard lease and other contractual documents for the commercial, engineering and operations teams;
- Prepare internal agreements and documentation ensuring compliance with corporate governance;
- Manage external counsels.
- You obtained a Master in Law, preferably with private or financial law emphasis;
- You have 5 to 10 years of experience as a legal counsel in commercial agreements, gained in an international company or an international law firm;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. In addition, an excellent knowledge of Dutch is required, with a very good knowledge of French OR an excellent knowledge of French, with a very good knowledge of Dutch;
- You are able to understand technical and financial implications of transactions with a feeling for commercially sensitive matters;
- You have a proactive, flexible and solution driven attitude;
- You are stress resilient;
- You are able to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and are capable of building strong work relationships;
- You are a true team player and at the same time able to work autonomously;
- You are organised, methodical, with a keen eye for and attention to detail.
Our client offers you:
- a competitive salary package with a selection of additional benefits;
- a challenging job in a dynamic, ambitious, international organisation giving you the opportunity to make a difference;
- an attractive salary package to driven individuals who like working in flat hierarchies and are eager to learn.