Manuchar is a global trading, logistics and distribution company headquartered in Antwerp (Belgium). Manuchar operates in over 140 locations, has more than 2.000 employees and owns local infrastructure in more than 50 countries, mainly in emerging markets.
Their trading activities cover Chemicals, Steel, Polymers, Pharmaceuticals, Wood, Spare Parts, Paper and Cement. Their distribution and also local value added logistics are mainly focused on Commodity and Specialty Chemicals in which Manuchar is rapidly becoming top 3 in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Manuchar is currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel (m/f).
By joining the Legal & Compliance team in the Antwerp headquarters, you will support the further growth of the global trading activities of Manuchar and you will help managing the legal and regulatory risks in the many countries where Manuchar is active.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Providing functional legal support and advice in the different areas of an international business context (contracts, business projects, investments, transport and logistics, real estate, …) and with respect to specific regulations (such as competition law and trade sanctions).
- Contract drafting and negotiation of mainly corporate, commercial and finance contracts.
- Managing litigation and, in co-operation with commercial colleagues, determining the strategy in (potential) litigation cases.
- Developing and maintaining strong business partner relationships with the commercial teams in Antwerp and abroad as well as with the financial department and other supporting units. Managing a network of local counsel in relation to all of the above.
- Drafting policies on the most relevant compliance topics and organizing internal trainings on legal and compliance topics.
You will be a member of the legal and compliance team which consists of 2 motivated colleagues. You will get the autonomy to handle your affairs independently and will report to the Head of Legal & Compliance.
- You have obtained a Master Degree in Law from a Belgian law school.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as an in-house lawyer and/or as a lawyer in an international law firm.
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch. You have a good basic knowledge of Spanish and are willing to further develop this skill. Knowledge of French is definitely a plus.
- You are familiar with corporate law & general commercial law.
- You are enthusiastic to become acquainted with all legal areas that are relevant in an international trade context.
- You are well experienced in writing contracts in an international context.
- You are business-oriented, solution-minded, you have an eye for details and have good analytical skills.
- You like working autonomously and yet, as a genuine team player, you are able to build relationships of trust.
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open and entrepreneurial company culture.
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.