You have at least 6 years of relevant professional experience as a Lawyer in a public law department. You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English.
Our client, K law, is a Belgian law firm assisting and advising its clients in the fields of corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law, employment law and more. Their clients are large and medium sized organizations, stock quoted companies as well as family owned businesses across industries, government bodies and financial institutions.
They deliver a multidisciplinary and creative approach, which enables clients to take opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
The lawyers at K law have deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. In short, they are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, lawyers work in multidisciplinary teams as well as collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. They formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. They are focused on building strong relationships with their clients and with stakeholders of all kinds. They also invest heavily in legal technology to rapidly and further digitalize their services.
Due to their rapid expansion, K law is looking for a Senior Associate Public Law to join the team in Brussels.
As a Senior Associate in Public Law:
- You will work closely with the Head of Public Law.
- You will be involved in a broad range of projects. You will for example provide legal advice on public tenders and create tenders for governments (Public Procurement). Afterwards you help them to evaluate these tenders and guide them through the purchasing process (by providing ad hoc advice, drafting tender documents, …).
- You will also work in the field of administrative law (constitutional law, Local Decrees,…) and for example on government contracts and Public Private Partnerships (PPP).
- You will attend meetings with clients and maintain strong relationships with them. You will be responsible for the managing of the files together with more junior team members you will be coaching and assisting.
- The nature of the (public law) work conducted by the team necessitates that our team members perform thorough legal analyses without losing sight of the (commercial) needs of our clients. As a team, we truly believe in teamwork and a cross-sectorial approach and you will be expected to work together with colleagues from other departments and offices.
Skills & Qualifications
- You have a Master degree in Law (preferably, a specialization in Public Law) and have at least 6 years of professional experience (public procurement).
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to excel in the legal fields mentioned above.
- You have strong analytical skills and writing skills.
- You are a real team player.
- You are client-oriented.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
- You are able to work independently
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. Importantly, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with ample career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.