You have at least 6 years of relevant professional experience as a Lawyer in a commercial law department. You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
Our client, K law, is a Belgian law firm assisting and advising its clients in the fields of corporate and M&A, banking & finance, tax, real estate, public, commercial law, employment law and more. Their clients are large and medium sized organizations, stock quoted companies as well as family owned businesses across industries, government bodies and financial institutions.
They deliver a multidisciplinary and creative approach, which enables clients to take opportunities to keep ahead of the legal challenges and keep their business moving forward.
The lawyers at K Law have deep technical knowledge and are trusted specialists in their respective fields of law. In short, they are effective, proactive and creative.
At K law, lawyers work in multidisciplinary teams as well as collaborate with clients at every stage of the process. They formulate innovative and technically sound strategies. They are focused on building strong relationships with their clients and with stakeholders of all kinds. They also invest heavily in legal technology to rapidly and further digitalize their services.
Due to their rapid expansion, K law is looking for a Senior Associate in Commercial Law to join the team in Kortrijk.
As a Senior Associate in Commercial Law:
- You will advise national and international clients in a broad range of commercial law and general business law.
- You will be part of a strong team of more than 85 lawyers.
- You will advise companies on all types of commercial and business contracts, trade practices, Economic Law and other business matters.
- You will attend meetings with clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
- You help clients from start to finish through any litigation, arbitration or dispute resolutions their business may face.
- You have a master degree in law. An additional degree is a plus.
- You have at least 6 years of relevant professional experience in a commercial law department.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to excel in the legal fields mentioned above.
- You have strong analytical skills and writing skills.
- You are a real team player.
- You are client oriented and are able to build and develop long-lasting commercial relationships.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
People at K Law are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. They commit themselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
They offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate players, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. Importantly, they offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of state-of-the-art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) that allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.