You are a European qualified lawyer with minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the capital market.
You are a financial regulatory expert (e.g. AML, UN/EU/OFAC sanction programs and embargoes, etc) and are fluent in French or Dutch or German and English.
Our client, Euroclear, is a user owned and governed Belgium based financial services company that specializes in the settlement of securities transactions as well as the safekeeping and asset servicing of these securities.
Euroclear settles domestic and international securities transactions, covering bonds, equities, derivatives and investment funds. Euroclear provides securities services to financial institutions located in more than 90 countries.
In addition to its role as an International Central Securities Depository (ICSD), Euroclear also acts as the Central Securities Depository (CSD) for Belgian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Irish, Swedish and UK securities. Euroclear is the largest international central securities depository in the world.
The Legal Division of the Euroclear Group holding company and in particular the Regulatory legal team, is looking for a Regulatory Legal Associate.
You will join a dynamic team of lawyers with a great team spirit willing to work in a good atmosphere.
As a member of the Legal Division of the Euroclear Group holding company and in particular as a member of the Regulatory legal team, you will provide legal support to Euroclear.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide legal advice in regards to corporate & regulatory matters (regulatory analysis in particular in regards to AML, UN/EU/OFAC sanction programs and embargoes etc), that impact and relate to settlement services. Having experience in a post-trade environment is a plus.
As Regulatory Legal Associate, your tasks will include:
- advising (internal) clients and management on the legal framework;
- preparing regulatory impact analysis on practical use cases;
- drafting and negotiating contracts with counterparts and clients;
- documenting the services offered by Euroclear vis-à-vis clients, counterparts, service providers, other Euroclear group entities;
- cooperating with the lawyers of the Legal Division within all entities of the Euroclear Group
- closely cooperating with internal business teams from compliance, product management, operations, etc.
- You are a European qualified lawyer with minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the capital market, preferably gained in a law firm or as in-house counsel of a bank, broker or other financial institution;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Belgian law and market practices in the financial world;
- You are a financial regulatory expert (e.g. AML, settlement finality directive, CSDR, UN/EU/OFAC sanction programs and embargoes etc);
- You have a sound knowledge of corporate law;
- You are fluent in French or Dutch or German and English;
- You have excellent drafting and communication skills and are able to integrate in a team;
- You are detailed-oriented, analytic, pragmatic, risk aware and capable to take initiatives;
- You are able to deliver high quality support consistent across jurisdictions, in a timely, cost efficient and effective way, and to build a solid understanding of the business of the Euroclear Group.
You will have the opportunity to work in a highly professional and at the same time people oriented and motivating working environment.
The content of your work will be varied and challenging.
You will be offered a remuneration package in line with your competencies and experiences, including fringe benefits.
Our client, Euroclear, recruits people from all walks of life. Their 3,500 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. They are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. They are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.