AKD's Real Estate & Construction department in Brussels is recruiting a mid-level lawyer specialising in real estate to strengthen its transactional real estate practice. As a lawyer working in AKD's Real Estate & Construction team, you will have the unique opportunity to work in a - national and international - challenging and pleasant working environment.
AKD is a leading Benelux law firm, with a team of over 450 committed attorneys , civil-law notaries, tax consultants ans staff in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
ADK's Real Estate & Construction department in Brussels counts two partners, a counsel and a number of associates professional support lawyers dedicated to the practice.
You will be involved in a wide range of services provided to AKD's national and international clients.
- You will handle files from A to Z, in direct contact with the Partner and clients.
You will participate in top-tier and often cross-border real estate matters, including:
- The acquisition and sale of property and real estate companies,
- Rights in rem,
- Joint ventures,
- Real estate occupation agreements,
- Greenfield and brownfield real estate developments,
- Rea estate financing and
- Real estate litigation.
Your role will involve :
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation,
- Strategically advising clients during meetings, on the phone and in writing,
- Liaising with and taking instruction from clients,
- Attending client meetings,
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately,
- Conducting legal research, and
- Assisting in the training and development of junior lawyers
As our ideal candidate, you
- Hold a Master's degree in Law from a Belgian university and can show strong academic records (an LLM or other relevant training are a plus),
- Have 3 to 6 year's experience working in a real estate practice within an international or national law firm,
- Have a strong interest in real estate, investment in real estate and commercial real estate in general,
- Can work independently,
- Are ambitious, result-driven and a real team player,
- Are a Dutch or French native speaker and fluent in English (you are also proficient in Dutch/French)
AKD offers you : a future-oriented process of career planning and emphasis on nurturing your talents and strong points encouraging you to deliver excellent solutions for our clients. AKD's flexible learning environment will support you in further developing your talents in your field of expertise, in client engagement and in honing your leadership skills.
AKD believes that everyone working at AKD will only get the best out of themselves if they are allowed to be themselves. That is why we are an equal opportunity firm and are committed to providing ans open, diverse, safe and inclusive environment AKD is a place where people, regardless of race, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, can thrive and reach their full potential.