Legal Counsel with 3 to 6 years of experience in data privacy, gained in an international law firm or international company.
Excellent knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of other languages such as Dutch or French is considered a plus.
Our client, Unifiedpost Group, is a leading Belgian Fintech company, listed on the Belgian stock market with presence in 26 countries. Their mission is to help customers structure complex financial administrative processes by delivering convenient, smart, digital solutions.
Throughout the world, businesses are digitalising their financial value chain: from contract or order, to invoice, payment and financing. For this evolution to succeed, there must be a trusted network connecting these diverse flows. Unifiedpost has developed a cloud-based platform that empowers businesses by creating a space where this network can exist and deliver streamlined, automated business functions, from e-invoicing and payments processing, to working capital financing, e-identity solutions and more.
In order to support its global expansion, Unifiedpost Group is looking for a privacy expert to support the DPO and the privacy team in Belgium.
To support the DPO and the privacy team in Belgium, our client is currently looking for an experienced privacy professional with minimum 3 years of experience.
As part of the privacy team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Aid to ensure compliance with Unifiedpost Group’s data privacy obligations through the development of data protection;
- Draft privacy and cookie policies for different customer facing solutions;
- Draft internal policies;
- Conduct GDPR vendor due diligence and transfer impact assessments and where necessary negotiate data processing agreements;
- Assist the business and the DPO on conducting data privacy impact assessments and completing the record of the processing activities;
- Conduct internal privacy audits of recently acquired companies/solutions and assist with the set-up of a DPO office within the various countries;
- Create and provide training to the employees;
- Provide subject matter privacy advice, including in relation to data protection legislation and its application to Unifiedpost Group and its affiliates;
- Oversee data subject rights and requests for information, responds to data subject requests and keep the relevant register;
- Raise awareness on data protection compliance across the company.
You can choose to work in the headquarters in La Hulpe or in the offices in Gent or Antwerp.
- You obtained a Master in Law;
- You have approximately 3 to 6 years of experience and demonstrate deep legal and practical knowledge of data privacy, gained in an international law firm or international company;
- Having a prior experience working with technology companies or companies in the financial industry is a plus;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of other languages such as Dutch or French is considered a plus;
- You are capable of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits;
- You are able to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence;
- You have a strong attention to detail;
- You are proactive and willing to take initiative;
- You have good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business;
- You are able to work well in both a team and individually;
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to take initiative.
You will work closely together with business and the DPO and should help to promote a culture of data protection compliance within the company.
As part of the privacy team, you will be highly appreciated for your expertise and skills.
Our client offers you:
- a competitive salary package with a selection of additional benefits;
- the ability to work in a global and fast evolving environment;
- joining a young privacy team with the possibility to help building a group wide data protection office;
- room for personal growth and development;
- flexible working arrangements which allow you to work from their offices in La Hulpe, Antwerp or Gent. Multiple days of working from home is also possible.