EU Competition Paralegal to strengthen the Practice Development team of the international law firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (“CSGH”).
Our client is an elite international law firm with an office in Brussels, which is praised for its superior reputation, the quality of its legal advice and client service, the talent and versatility of its lawyers, its culture of excellence, its strong client base and international mind-set. The firm is at the top of the market in all of its locations and has an excellent track record of successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions and of delivering top quality legal advice and business oriented solutions.
For its Practice Development team, our client is seeking an EU Competition Paralegal.
In particular, the EU Competition Paralegal will:
- Perform substantive legal work requiring an understanding of legal concepts, in particular in the field of EU Competition law;
- Perform legal and factual research (this will often involve evaluating, interpreting and summarizing legislation, case law, commentary and business documents);
- Provide organizational support to case teams;
- Perform language reviews, proofreading and citation checks to briefs, legal memoranda, presentations and publications;
- Contribute to internal knowledge management projects.
- Master degree in Law is preferred; an alternative degree in economics would be considered;
- First language is English, any other European language is an asset;
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications;
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and to build credibility and trust with colleagues throughout the firm;
- Proactive work attitude, resourceful, results-oriented, reliable and flexible;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
In addition to a motivating and attractive remuneration package, our client offers you, the opportunity to work on a broad range of EU Competition law activities and to become a member of a dynamic team in a firm that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
He/she/they will join a specialized team supporting an international group of attorneys in the EU Competition Law Practice.