Paralegal with experience in corporate law and contracts. Minimum 3 years of experience. Excellent knowledge of English is required.
The Terumo Group, founded in 1921 in Japan, is a medical devices company that aims to make health care more accessible and suitable to a range of needs.
Terumo Europe (Europe, Middle East and Africa) is a strong actor of the Terumo Group (by contributing to innovation and sustainable growth) and a core player in the EMEA healthcare market (by providing best in class quality products and services).
Terumo Europe is headquartered in Leuven, has 1300 associates and customers in more than 45 countries.
Business is conducted locally while pursuing a unified EMEA strategy. The main business units are:
- Interventional Cardiology
- Global Pharmaceutical Solutions
- Interventional Oncology
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Medical Products
For its headquarters in Leuven, Terumo Europe is looking for a Paralegal to further strengthen its legal department.
Managing Corporate Secretarial work for all EMEA legal entities:
- Maintenance of all Terumo subsidiary companies throughout EMEA;
- Reviewing, drafting, completing and filing, with outside counsels’ support, of shareholders, board and other corporate minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney and any other documents related thereto;
- Ensuring annual accounts of all legal entities in EMEA are duly and timely filed, in close collaboration with the finance and tax departments; ensuring the above corporate documents are duly and timely signed, reported and filed;
- Coordinating outside counsels’ support and managing outside counsels’ budget for these activities;
- Reporting to Headquarters in Japan on corporate entity matters;
- Developing, training and rolling out corporate projects such as Signing Powers Policy, closing and setting up entities and restructuring projects.
Drafting and negotiating standard contracts and supporting corporate projects:
- Review and prepare contracts such as NDA’s, Material Transfer Agreements, and Healthcare related contracts, intercompany agreements;
- Advice business on these contracts under supervision of legal counsel;
- Support tax and finance, under supervision of legal counsel, on financial agreements and financial/tax related projects.
- Provide legal support in matters such as marketing reviews, credit collection, real estate and such other selected legal matters for the EMEA legal team;
- Managing and coordinating legal knowledge database for the entire EMEA team;
- Support the general counsel in organizing team meetings;
- Coordinate and report litigation matters to Terumo corporation in Japan;
- Other projects for the legal department such as helping setting up a new contracts database.
You will work closely together with and report to the General Counsel EMEA.
- You have a Bachelor in Law degree or have acquired sufficient similar experience.
- You have at least 3 of experience in a paralegal position, specifically in the areas and job duties identified above.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and you are a great team player.
- You have a business-oriented mindset and are good in building strong relationships and partnerships with colleagues and business clients across the company.
- You are proactive in recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- You show tact and professionalism and you have the ability to discern what information is confidential and can be trusted to keep that information confidential.
- You have a self-starter attitude.
- You have extensive computer experience and skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch; other language skills are a plus.
You will find a dynamic job in a fast-growing business environment.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.