Paralegal with minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in an inhouse environment.
Excellent knowledge of English.
Our client is a large international services provider.
It services a wide range of customers in a variety of industries and segments, ranging from governments, airports, critical infrastructure, office buildings, banks, shopping centers, hotels, manufacturing industries, mines, hospitals, and residential areas to high-tech and IT companies.
For its international service center situated in the Brussels region, our client is looking for a Paralegal to further strengthen its legal department.
Managing Corporate housekeeping work for several legal entities:
- Maintenance of all subsidiary companies ;
- Reviewing, drafting, completing and filing, with outside counsels’ support, of shareholders, board and other corporate minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney and any other documents related thereto;
- Ensuring annual accounts of all legal entities are duly and timely filed, in close collaboration with the finance and tax departments; ensuring the above corporate documents are duly and timely signed, reported and filed;
- Coordinating outside counsels’ support and managing outside counsels’ budget for these activities;
- Developing, training and rolling out corporate projects such as Signing Powers Policy, closing and setting up entities and restructuring projects.
Drafting and negotiating standard contracts and supporting corporate projects:
- Review and prepare contracts such as NDA’s, intercompany agreements, etc;
- Advice business on these contracts under supervision of legal counsel;
- Support tax and finance, under supervision of legal counsel, on financial agreements and financial/tax related projects.
- Provide general legal and administrative support to the General Counsel and the other members of the legal team;
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Managing and coordinating legal knowledge databases for the team;
- Other projects for the legal department such as helping setting follow-up structure of corporate policies.
- Able to work in an autonomous and pragmatic way
- High interpersonal/communicative skills (multicultural environment)
- Strong business acumen
- Good (legal) judgment
- Highly efficient and tolerant to stress (working to tight deadlines)
You have a Bachelor in Law degree or have acquired sufficient similar experience.
You have at least 3 years of experience in a paralegal position, preferably in the areas and job duties identified above.
You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and you are a great team player. You have a business-oriented mindset and are good in building strong relationships and partnerships with colleagues and business clients across the company. You are proactive in recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions. You have excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. You show tact and professionalism and you have the ability to discern what information is confidential and can be trusted to keep that information confidential. You have a self-starter attitude.
You have extensive computer experience and skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint and you have a keen interest in and knowledge of technologies in general and in database support.
You are fluent in English; other language skills are a plus.
In addition to a motivating and attractive remuneration package, the function offers a unique opportunity to work in an international, highly professional and challenging environment, in combination with a hands-on approach, which requires a willingness to get involved in the businesses. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in organizing and executing your work.