Central support function within the legal team, supporting the Chief Legal Officer and subdepartments within the HQ Legal Department, and interacting with internal and external business partners within its scope. Looking for Bachelor or Master Degree with ideally 2 to 4 years working experience in a related matter and interest in corporate housekeeping.
Aliaxis is a global leader in advanced piping systems for building, infrastructure, industrial and agriculture applications. The company provides communities around the world with sustainable innovative solutions for water and energy, leading the industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of its customers and of society. With a global workforce of 15,000+ employees, Aliaxis offers specific solutions that meet our customers’ most demanding needs across the globe. Aliaxis is active through leading local brands and operating in over 40 countries, combining local solutions with global innovation and operational excellence. The company is privately owned, with its global headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
We're seeking a dynamic Paralegal to provide comprehensive support to our Chief Legal Officer and contribute to the efficient functioning of our legal department. In this role, you will assist the Chief Legal Officer in maintaining positive relations with shareholders and board members, while ensuring the availability of up-to-date legal documents. Your responsibilities will encompass various tasks, including organizing shareholders meetings, maintaining shareholders registers, and managing legal databases.
1. Support the Chief Legal Officer:
- Prepare and file corporate documents, such as board meeting minutes and convening notices.
- Act as the primary contact for shareholders, handling transactions, formalities, inquiries, and shareholders meetings.
- Organize shareholder meetings, ensuring compliance with internal and statutory procedures and deadlines.
- Update shareholders register and related documentation.
2. Provide assistance to subdepartments of the legal team:
- Oversee the legal database, conducting periodic verifications of the data repository for quality assurance.
- Prepare KYC/UBO documentation, organizational charts, and certificates.
- Execute corporate formalities, including publications, director appointments, and legalizations.
- Assist with contract filing and other general tasks as requested by the Chief Legal Officer.
3. Supervise implementation of legal document management system:
- Ensure consistent implementation of a legal document management system according to defined principles and roll-out plan.
- Bachelor or Master Degree – no specific area of expertise required.
- Ideally 2 to 4 years working experience in a related matter and interest in corporate housekeeping.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in a highly international context.
- Excellent team working skills; having a team player mindset.
- Hands-on; ability to work autonomously.
- Languages: English and French, any other language is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.