Belgian qualified lawyer with 3 to 7 years of experience in Financial Law.
Excellent knowledge of Dutch or French and English.
Ashurst is a leading global law firm, advising financial institutions, corporates and government bodies. The firm has a history spanning almost 200 years and has a clear strategy for future growth.
With over 400 partners and a further 1,400 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, they are able to respond to their clients wherever and whenever they need it.
The firm has an excellent track record of successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions and projects and of delivering practical, commercial solutions.
Ashurst currently has 27 offices in 16 countries and a number of referral relationships that enable them to offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets.
The Brussels office is currently seeking to reinforce its Finance practice with a mid-level associate.
As a Mid-Senior Level Associate, you will typically act on all elements of a financing transaction from term sheet stage, through to closing and post-closing, in all the areas of banking and finance including acquisition, leveraged, real estate and project finance.
Your specific areas of responsibility will initially include producing initial drafts of agreements, reviewing and negotiating finance documents and ensuring a smooth process to transaction closing. You will also advise on regulatory matters.
You would be expected to work with minimum supervision and to liaise closely with colleagues, clients, counterparties and other advisers. You will be part of a committed, inspired and friendly team that enjoys its work and considers itself a leader in its field of practice.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Drafting/review of legal documents and agreements;
- Contributing to department know-how;
- Advising clients and preparing formal legal opinions;
- Leading negotiations with counterparts;
- Matter completion and post-closing work (including security perfection).
- Providing structured supervision and on-the-job training to more junior lawyers and be actively contributing to business development.
- An excellent academic track record including a Master's degree in law from a Belgian university;
- An LL.M. obtained at an Anglo-Saxon university is a plus;
- Solid experience (3-7 years) in Financial law (transactional and/or regulatory) is indispensable;
- Excellent legal analysis skills;
- Proactive and able to express yourself on paper;
- Native Dutch or French speaking with full proficiency in the second language and excellent written and spoken English ;
- You are business minded ;
- You can work in a team but also independently.
In addition to being offered a competitive remuneration package, you will work in a very nice and international environment. You will deal with interesting files in direct collaboration with the Partner. You will also have direct contacts with clients and you will participate in trainings.