Master of Law with minimum 5 years of experience as an M&A lawyer within a law firm and/or legal department of an international company. Fluent in English.
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. They complement their Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2021 Manuchar handled 4.6 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.5 billion USD in sales. Their local operations are in over 35 countries and 170 locations. Manuchar employs 2,200 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Looking for a challenging M&A opportunity within an international corporate company? By joining the self-steering legal team in the headquarters (Antwerp) of Manuchar as an M&A specialist, you will play a key role in supporting the company’s growth through acquisitions, investments and other corporate development activities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal support for the company’s worldwide acquisitions, investments and other strategic transactions in all stages, from performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating term sheets and definitive transaction documentation, and supporting closing transactions and post-closing integration.
- Drafting and assisting with the preparation of M&A related board and executive committee meeting materials
- Assisting with other special corporate projects, such as joint ventures and management share participations.
- As corporate counsel you will also help, together with the other legal team members, in more general corporate matters.
- Working closely together with our internal M&A team, as well as with external advisors and experts.
- Managing projects effectively, with a team-oriented approach.
- You have obtained a Master Degree in Law from a first rate Belgian or European law school.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as an M&A lawyer within a reputable law firm and/or a legal department of an international company.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch or Spanish is definitely a plus.
- You have excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- You are able to be the primary in-house attorney on M&A and other corporate projects, including handling multiple simultaneous transactions or projects.
- You are business oriented with a problem solving / pragmatic approach.
- You work meticulously, have a hands-on mentality and your (verbal and written) communication is very strong.
- You are a self-starter with team attitude.
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open, diverse and inclusive company culture
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- A nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
- Great team of young, dynamic colleagues, who you can rely on