Dynamic Legal Officer with a minimum of 5 years professional experience, either as a lawyer and/or as an in-house counsel, with an excellent command of English and Dutch and/or French (written and oral).
Coreso proactively supports European Transmission System Operators (TSOs) to ensure the security of electricity supply on a European regional basis as one of the six Regional Security Coordinators (RSCs) and future Regional Coordination Centres (RCCs).
Coreso’s RSC and future RCC activities consist of performing analyses, developing services, providing and coordinating solutions for TSOs, as service providers. The interconnected European power systems being complex, Coreso coordination role is essential to guarantee a more efficient and secure transmission grid. Coreso’s added value in terms of proactive identification of situations likely to present a risk to the electrical system is critical.
Coreso is also playing a leading role in the development and the implementation of network codes as well as regulated tasks required by the Clean Energy Package. Enhancing regional coordination, these regulations will enable member states to increase the integration of renewable energies while improving efficiency and competitiveness on the European electricity market.
Coreso is looking for a Legal Officer to build on a legal division within their Business Support Team. You will directly report to the Head of Business Support and work closely together with the Regulatory Manager.
Being a newly established position, you will be responsible to structure and build Coreso’s legal division, liaising with external advisors on a regular basis. You will negotiate, draft, verify and finalize contracts, documents and letters, in possible consultation with the services concerned in order to support the strategic interests of Coreso, limit legal risks and strike the right balance between its rights and obligations.
You will ensure the legal support of the members of the management team and all departments of Coreso, taking into account the specific legal and regulatory frameworks, to meet all legal and regulatory obligations and anticipate, identify and manage legal risks. In collaboration with the management team, you will define and implement strategic decisions.
The position requires significant and continuous efforts to improve and maintain Coreso’s Contract Repository in order to simplify contract management and increase efficiency. You will monitor relevant, current and future legal developments, in particular those concerning energy law and develop knowledge in non-legal but sector-related matters in order to have the necessary experience for optimal service and cross-functional operation.
- You have a Master degree in Law.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience and are willing to broaden your knowledge.
- You are flexible and able to build on a new department and relationships with various stakeholders.
- You are able to work both in an autonomous manner and as a team player
- You are able to identify and resolve problems, propose solutions with creativity whilst being risk aware.
- You are resilient, patient, well-organised and structured, with the ability to manage several tasks whilst working under pressure.
- You have an excellent command of English and Dutch and/or French (written and oral).
- Permanent contract with a highly competitive and attractive salary package in line with your profile and experience
- High-level substantive work and direct involvement in diverse projects within a fast evolving environment.
- A dynamic team where attention is paid to the broad development of your personal competences.
- The possibility to work 60% remotely and take longer holidays between June and August and during Christmas holidays
- 35 vacation days