Legal Manager with at least 4 years of experience in a business environment and a thorough knowledge of the commercial and competition law aspects relevant to the business of a company operating and manufacturing activities.
Fluent in Dutch and English.
Advanced Power Solutions NV (APS) (the new name of the former Panasonic Energy Europe NV entity) in Europe supplies ‘mobile’ energy solutions to more than 30 European countries. Its diverse product range includes rechargeable, zinc-carbon, alkaline and specialty batteries (such as zinc-air, photo lithium, lithium coin, micro alkaline and silver oxide batteries) and chargers. APS’s vast and lengthy experience in the consumer electronics field has enabled it to become the largest battery manufacturer in Europe today. The APS sales office for Europe is headquartered in Zellik. The European production facilities are located in Tessenderlo, Belgium, and Gniezno, Poland.
APS is looking for a Legal Manager to join the business team in Zellik.
The Legal Manager will report to the Director of Corporate Affairs. Your main responsibilities will, amongst others, include:
- you will provide legal support in several legal fields, such as commercial, corporate, contract and competition law to the European Business operations;
- you will give practical advice to management and your colleagues in Belgium and abroad. Your input will be on both a strategic level and operational basis;
- you will assist in cross-border issues like product liability, data protection, trade, counterfeit, legal risk management, intellectual property and environmental law;
- you will give training on European Competition law, data protection, anti-bribery and corruption as well as carry out audits;
- you will ensure the coordination and follow-up of litigation, in collaboration with outside counsel;
- you will closely follow up the Belgian & European legislation regarding Panasonic’s products, their applications, packaging and promotions;
- you will monitor all relevant legal information and ensure legal compliance;
- you will be involved in Belgian and European project teams.
- you have a Master in Law degree and at least 4 years of experience in a business environment and a thorough knowledge of the commercial and competition law aspects relevant to the business of a European distribution company;
- you are fluent in Dutch and English; knowledge of German is an asset;
- you have excellent analytical, drafting and negotiating skills;
- you work independently and organize your work efficiently;
- you are hands on and come up with useful initiatives;
- You are solution oriented and have good business acumen;
- You are a team player and easily build good relationships with people across the organization.
- you will be part of an international group of companies with a competitive brand image;
- you will work in a young and dynamic environment with a great atmosphere, with room for discussion and high appreciation for initiative;
- you will have the opportunity to further develop in your fields of expertise, with a competitive salary and fringe benefits.