Master in Law with 7 to 10 years of experience as a lawyer or as in-house legal counsel, preferably in the pharmaceutical sector.
You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GSK has 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
GSK is looking for a motivated and dynamic Legal Director Benelux to join the team in Wavre.
- Counsel the business (all local operating companies and above-country teams) on legal, policy, compliance and transactional issues, integrating legal knowledge with a sound business understanding.
- Draft, develop, prepare and execute contracts and other legal documents of legal/strategic/financial/regulatory importance.
- Review business, scientific, commercial, and sales/marketing documents/communications and advise on appropriate strategy/language to manage legal risk while maximizing business benefit.
- Anticipate and proactively support the management concerning legal risks for the pharmaceutical business in Benelux.
- Recommend policies and practices on issues presenting potential legal risk arising from pharmaceutical healthcare activities, and support their development and implementation.
- Review and interpret pending or new legislation or regulatory rules impacting the pharmaceutical business and advise the business management on appropriate compliance measures.
- Liaise with other groups within the Legal organisation (such as other lawyers in the Pharma Europe Legal Operations team and lawyers in the following Legal department teams: Pharma Supply Chain, Global Patents, Brand Protection and Dispute Resolution and Prevention and other departments (e.g. Compliance, Corporate Risk and Insurance Management, Tax, Finance, Procurement etc.) in coordinating advice that integrates the full range of considerations.
- Educate client groups within the pharmaceutical healthcare business on legal issues and new developments impacting the businesses.
- Manage the support of external legal counsel in Benelux on legal matters that require specific legal advice.
- Proactively manage outside legal counsel.
- The Legal Director is expected to operate independently, with minimum supervision, although with firm support from the above-country Legal team where necessary.
- You have a Master in law degree.
- You have 7 to 10 years of relevant experience as lawyer or as in-house legal counsel, preferably in the pharmaceutical sector.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English, in writing and orally.
- You have excellent analytical skills to identify the issues, sound judgement and the ability to understand the particular legal and regulatory environment.
- You adopt a pragmatic business approach and understand the impact of legal issues on the broader business.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are able to work in a demanding environment.
- You like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge, but you are able to work independently and take on responsibilities.
- You are very flexible and capable of changing priorities if the business requires this.
You will be offered a challenging position in a global pharmaceutical company and you will have the opportunity to work in an open-minded environment and dynamic team offering many opportunities for personal and career development. You will be offered an attractive salary and benefit package in line with your experience.