High-level professional with at least 5 years of legal experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
Fluent in Dutch and English.
Our client is a global healthcare company focused on making high quality medicines available to everyone who needs them. A broad and diverse portfolio of more than 7,500 marketed products is available to customers of all types including retail and pharmacy establishments, wholesalers, governments, institutions and physicians.
On 16 November 2020 our client completed its merger with Pfizer’s Upjohn to form a new company called Viatris.
Our client is currently looking for a Legal Director for the Benelux Region.
As a Legal Director you will manage all legal matters for our client affiliates in the Netherlands and Belgium, and – to a limited extent - Luxembourg, together “the Region”, particularly with respect to matters relating to pharmaceutical, commercial and corporate law. You will also draft and negotiate all kinds of agreements required in the pharmaceutical industry. You will advise on laws and regulations on the promotion of pharmaceuticals (Rx – branded and generics, OTC), medical devices, cosmetics and food stuffs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating all kind of agreements typically required in the pharmaceutical industry, such as license and distribution agreements, supply agreements, contract manufacturing agreements, tender agreements, agreements required in connection with non-interventional clinical studies, consultancy agreements, service agreements etc., in line with the policies and using their electronic contract approval tool;
- Generally providing legal advice to their affiliates in the Region (commercial; corporate);
- Cooperating with their Litigation Team for the handling of litigation matters in the Region;
- Providing legal expertise on special projects such as sale or acquisition of products or businesses in the Region;
- Corporate housekeeping for their affiliates in the Region (nomination of board members; annual accounts; if needed foundation resp. liquidation of entities etc.), including working with its respective administration tool GEMS;
- Reviewing promotional material for pharmaceuticals (Rx OTC, Cx), medical devices, food stuffs and cosmetics for compliance with applicable laws and regulations for the Region;
- Advising on data protection issues (in part. GDPR related), in cooperation with the local data protection coordinators and the European Data Protection Team;
- Compliance assistance in view of their standards for interactions with Healthcare Professionals, and cooperation with the Compliance Team;
- Responsibility for the transmission of quality complaints and adverse events to the responsible person and local representative for Pharmacovigilance within 24 hours via e-mail or telephone. Committing to complete all mandatory trainings to meet compliance needs in terms of GDP/GMP regulations.
Occasional travels within Europe will be required.
- You are a fully qualified lawyer with at least 5 years of professional experience in an international law firm or company and experience in the pharmaceuticals business.
- You are a business-oriented professional with excellent legal skills, well-organized. You have the ability to appropriately prioritize matters, particularly in times of high workload and when under time pressure. You are a hands-on team player.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch; a good knowledge of French is a plus.
Attractive package, including a company car, insurances, expense allowance and a management incentive plan.