Legal Counsel with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in international business law, gained as a lawyer in a well-respected law firm or as an in-house counsel in an international legal department.
Excellent knowledge of English is required, knowledge of any other language is a plus.
Our client, Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. They pursue to be the preferred supplier for their steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with 28 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 5 billion in combined revenue.
As Legal Counsel Global Functions, based in the headquarters of the Bekaert group in Belgium, you will be part of a team of in-house Legal Counsels who deliver legal support to our Businesses & Functions worldwide.
- You will be responsible to draft and negotiate contracts between Bekaert Group Companies and our business partners, providing general business legal advice and monitoring disputes and litigations. Whenever necessary or appropriate, you will be responsible for engaging, instructing and managing external lawyers.
- You will work closely together with colleagues from other functional areas and with managers from various functional or business units to develop appropriate solutions for all issues brought to your attention.
- Your initial scope of work will mainly consist of legal business partner for the Global Functions, including in the following areas:
- Legal implications of the Digital, Sustainability (ESG), and Innovation strategy;
- Legal support to global functions such as Finance, Technology & Innovation, Procurement, IT;
- Sourcing goods and services from different types of suppliers;
- External financing projects and transactions;
- Support certain legal aspects in the execution of Mergers & Acquisitions.
- You will be onboarded and actively coached by your colleagues from the Group Legal department, enabling your integration and ability to handle complex matters independently.
- Your working area will be both national and international, involving occasional business trips abroad.
You obtained a Master degree in Law.
You have minimum 5 years of relevant working experience as a lawyer in a well-respected law firm or as an in-house counsel in an international legal department.
You master English fluently; knowledge of any other language is a plus.
You have excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing.
You are a real team player.
You have a pronounced international interest and you value cultural diversity.
You are willing to travel abroad occasionally.
You grow, we grow… better together.
Bekaert offers continuous development opportunities as well in the job as in the global organization.
The position offers a unique blend of internationally oriented work with a hands-on approach, requiring you to show a readiness to "step into the business" and help realize the business objectives of your team.
Bekaert offers a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and competences.
You will be based in the headquarters of the Bekaert group in Zwevegem but you will have the possibility to work two days a week from home and also to work one or two days a week in Bekaert’s Brussel office.