Master’s degree in law with preferably at least 5 years of relevant professional experience as an energy or commercial lawyer with a reputable firm and/or a legal department of an energy company. You are fluent in Dutch or French, and you are capable of working and drafting in English.
Virya Energy is active in the development, financing, construction and operation of sustainable energy sources. Their goal is to accelerate the energy transition by scaling new technologies across the entire energy ecosystem. To this end, backed by their shareholders Colruyt and Korys, they focus on:
- Sustainable green energy production, including through the on- and offshore wind energy activities of Eoly, Eurowatt and Parkwind;
- Services for sustainable, green energy, including through the activities of Fluves, Marlinks, GeoXYZ and DotOcean; and
- Hydrogen production and distribution, including by Hyoffwind.
Behind their successes are the people who share an entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to the company and purpose.
They recruit a wide variety of profiles worldwide, from young graduates to experienced professionals, to help them achieve their ambitious green goals. They need dynamic, purpose-driven enthusiasts who can thrive in a rapidly changing environment, question the status quo and think beyond the limits of their job description.
Learn, grow and develop together with this independent company. Join Virya in building a sustainable future.
Considering its further international business expansion, Virya Energy is looking to enlarge its legal team with a Legal Counsel focusing on energy law and contracting.
- You will be working within the group legal team that supports Virya and its subsidiaries but also with your business partners at DATS 24 and the public affairs team.
- As part of this team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day follow-up of legal matters at DATS 24. You will be translating energy (supply) regulation into clear and concrete advice for the business, you will advise on and draft all kinds of commercial and energy related contracts.
- You will also assist in the development of the e-charging business from a legal point of view and follow up on the traditional fueling business and related contracts.
- You will be managing legal disputes, negotiate settlements or follow-up on litigation, providing guidance to external counsel when needed.
- You will be a member of a dynamic legal team with complimentary expertise and will report to our lead counsel investments & financing.
- You have a master’s degree in law.
- You have preferably at least 5 years of relevant professional experience as an energy or commercial lawyer with a reputable firm and/or a legal department of an energy company.
- You are solution-oriented, pro-active and pay attention to details.
- You have the ability to manage several things at the same time without losing oversight.
- You have good diplomatic and social skills and enjoy building relationships with stakeholders.
- You are a team player and possess a high level of integrity.
- You have an analytical mindset.
- You have good social skills and can work efficiently in a team.
- You are flexible and willing to work both at the corporate office and, when required, the DATS 24 office in Halle .
- You are fluent in Dutch or French, and you are capable of working and drafting in English
- A position in a stimulating professional environment within a sustainable, fast-growing international industry;
- A challenging function with a lot of variety;
- The ability to develop your personal and professional skills;
- An attractive remuneration based on your skills and achievements combined with an extensive package of extra-legal benefits.
- The flexilibity to work from home 2-3 days a week.