Legal Counsel with 3-6 years of experience in corporate/M&A and experience of or a strong interest for fintech law, gained in an international law firm or international company.
Excellent knowledge of Dutch, English and French is required.
Our client, Unifiedpost Group is a Euronext listed pan-European Fintech company that helps customers structure complex financial administrative processes by delivering simple, smart, digital solutions.
Unifiedpost Group wants to become the leading pan-European cloud-based platform for SME business services built on “Documents”, “Identity” and “Payments”.
To support the Chief Legal Officer of the Group (“CLO”), our client is currently looking for a Legal Counsel with minimum 3 years of experience in corporate/M&A.
The CLO is in charge of (i) group M&A projects, (ii) general corporate matters (including secretary general responsibility), (iii) a coordination role regarding legal matters within the operational businesses and (iv) compliance.
As part of the Legal Team and reporting to the CLO, you will assist on the following matters:
- corporate and M&A projects (providing legal assistance in new investments or divestments of existing businesses)
- general corporate matters
- listed company related issues (market abuse regulation, corporate governance, contacts with FSMA, , etc.)
- contract drafting and reviewing
- occasional legal matters regarding the operational businesses
You will be part of the Legal Team and report to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer. You can choose to work in the headquarters in La Hulpe or in the offices in Ghent or Antwerp, all in combination with working from home.
- You obtained a Master’s degree in Law;
- You have approximately 3-6 of experience in corporate/M&A, gained in an international law firm or international company;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and have a good level of French – knowledge of other language(s) are an asset;
- You are a team player, able to work closely with other departments within the organization and you have good communication skills;
- You are dynamic, hands-on, analytical, social and proactive.
Our client offers you a challenging and highly diversified job within a dynamic legal team of a highly professional and international company.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in line with your competencies and experiences, including fringe benefits.