Legal Counsel with 5 to 7 years of experience in corporate/M&A, gained in an international law firm or international company.
Excellent knowledge of French or Dutch, and English is required.
D’Ieteren Group is a listed family-controlled investment company that seeks to invest into a handful of companies and to build a long term partnership with them through an active shareholdership approach.
The Group currently has four operational businesses:
- D’Ieteren Auto (100% owned) – the historic family business and exclusive importer and distributor of VW Group vehicles in Belgium
- Belron (54% owned) – the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement (known under the brand “Carglass”)
- Moleskine (100% owned), a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand that develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories
- D’Ieteren Immo (100% owned) – the real estate arm, which actively develops and manages the real estate portfolio of D’Ieteren in Belgium.
The Group is managed by the Corporate Team, acting as a holding investment firm. The Corporate Team is composed of less than 20 professionals and is based in Brussels (Ixelles).
To support the Secretary General/Chief Legal Officer of the Group (“CLO”), our client is currently looking for a Legal Counsel with 5 to 7 years of experience in corporate/M&A.
The CLO is in charge of (i) general corporate matters (including secretary general responsibility), (ii) group M&A projects and (iii) a coordination role regarding legal matters within the operational businesses.
As part of the Corporate Team and reporting to the CLO, you will assist on the following matters :
- general corporate matters (general assembly, board of directors, annual report, internal processes, etc.)
- listed company related issues (market abuse regulation, corporate governance, contacts with FSMA, share buyback programmes, etc.)
- M&A projects (providing legal assistance in new investments or divestments of existing businesses)
- contract drafting and reviewing
- occasional legal matters regarding the operational businesses
- management reward plans
You will be part of the Corporate Team based in Brussels (Ixelles) and report to the Secretary-General/Chief Legal Officer of D’Ieteren SA.
You will interact mainly with the members of the Corporate Team (including the Executive Committee members), as well as occasionally with the legal officers in the operational businesses.
- You obtained a Master in Law
- You have 5 to 7 years of experience in corporate/M&A, gained in an international law firm or international company
- You are fluent in French or Dutch, and in English
- You are a team player, able to work closely with other departments within the organization and you have good communication skills
- You are dynamic, hands-on, analytical, social and proactive.
Our client offers you a challenging and highly diversified job within the small but dynamic Corporate Team of a highly professional and international company.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in line with your competencies and experiences, including fringe benefits.