Legal Counsel with 4 to 7 years of professional experience with focus on drafting, reviewing and supporting commercial contracts (B2B). Experience in IT-related contracts is considered a plus.
You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
Our client, Aptean, is a US based provider of enterprise software solutions.
They are a global leader in enterprise business software and provide targeted ERP (enterprise resource planning), Supply Chain Management and Compliance Solutions.
To support their strong growth, they are looking to strengthen their Legal department in Belgium with a Legal Counsel, specialized in commercial contracts.
As Legal Counsel, your main responsibilities will be :
- Providing research, advice and other legal assistance to European acquisitions;
- Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, and more specifically IT-related contracts;
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and making suggestions for alterations of those documents;
- Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes;
- Developing the organization's policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs;
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk;
- Consulting with management, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants and marketing staff;
- Translating contracts to and from English, Dutch and French.
You will report to the General Counsel based in the UK.
- You obtained a Master in Law
- You have 4 to 7 years of professional experience with focus on drafting, reviewing and supporting commercial contracts (B2B). Experience in IT-related contracts is considered a plus
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English – written and spoken
- You are able to work in an independent, dynamic, hand-on and proactive way
- You have excellent analytical, communication, diplomatic, research and writing skills.
Our client offers you an exciting and challenging job within a rapidly growing company.
You will be part of a small and dynamic legal team within an international company.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.