Master in Law with 3 to 6 years of relevant experience in Commercial Law. An excellent command of English is required.
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference (www.graphicpkg.com).
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Graphic Packaging is a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. The company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in solid bleached sulphate, coated unbleached Kraft and coated recycled paperboard.
Graphic Packaging’s customers include some of the most widely-recognized companies in the world.
The company has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim.
In order to strengthen its international Legal Department, Graphic Packaging is currently looking for a Legal Counsel Commercial Law (m/f/x).
As Legal Counsel you will join an experienced legal team and report to the Vice President, Legal EMEA.
You will be responsible for providing both day to day and complex legal support to clients across Graphic Packaging’s European operations, with a focus on (international) commercial law related matters.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Draft and review commercial agreements, with a focus on supporting the supply chain function.
- Monitor new legislation and in general identify legal risks to the business.
- Analyze and interpret regulations and contract requirements and disseminate information in a comprehensible form to business leaders and clients.
- Investigate and respond to demand letters and claims.
- Oversee and manage litigation.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned, in support of the corporate and commercial functions of the organization and team members.
- You will interact with people at all levels of the organization as well as with other members of the legal team and external contacts, such as outside counsel, as required, to obtain specialized legal advice.
Key competencies and qualifications include:
- Master in Law.
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience gained in a law firm or company.
- Good command of commercial law is required.
- Excellent (written and spoken) knowledge of English. Any other European language is a plus.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Business minded and able to balance legal and business risks.
- Flexible, open to work outside of comfort zone and to learn new areas of the law and take on additional responsibilities and assignments to support the business and team members.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Able to organize and accurately prioritize work and understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to travel if necessary.
This is a great opportunity to join a global organization with a track record of growth and a nimble and tight-knit legal team with very little turn-over.
You will get the opportunity to thrive in a professional, stimulating, team-oriented and international environment.
You will be offered an interesting blend of work that you can organize with a certain level of autonomy and flexibility.
You will be offered a place to develop your career to the fullest.
Graphic Packaging offers a motivating and attractive remuneration package in accordance with your seniority and experience.