Rexel is looking for a Legal Counsel (business law) with at least 3 years of experience as an in-house legal advisor or lawyer.
Rexel, worldwide expert in the professional multichannel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world, addresses three main markets - residential, commercial, and industrial. The Group supports its customers to be at their best in running their business, by providing a broad range of sustainable and innovative products, services, and solutions in the field of technical supply, automation, and energy management.
Reporting to the CEO Belgium and the legal Zone General Counsel. The purpose of the position is to provide legal assistance for regulated and nonregulated activities, on a broad range of commercial, regulatory and compliance matters, including general commercial contract, IT and digital matters, real estate, litigation matters, compliance (anti-corruption, anti-trust and GDPR). You will contribute to the growth of Rexel Belgium by ensuring that the services provided by Rexel are compliant with the Belgian and European regulatory framework. You will be a real business partner.
- Contribute as a member of a “best in class” legal team which can provide proactive, timely, commercial and effective legal support.
- Provide a full high quality, personal legal workload & drafting contribution. The output shall be substantive, concise and easily understandable legal advice and coaching on complex subject matters.
- Provide effective, pragmatic and commercial solutions with the support of the team to facilitate business decisions and implementation.
- Prepare, review and negotiate company contracts and other legal documents.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining legal policies which are simple, easy to follow and quick to implement, ensuring business compliance and ethical conduct.
- Develop, and work with relevant functions, to run and manage appropriate compliance and governance processes to assess and monitor key risk areas.
- You have a master's degree in law with a thorough knowledge of civil and administrative law. Experience in project management within a fact paced, high growth and B2B organisation are major assets.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an in-house legal advisor or lawyer.
Technical / Functional skills:
- You are bilingual (NL/FR) and have a thorough knowledge of English.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are meticulous in your legal tasks with the necessary pragmatism and flexibility for business activities
- Overall broad legal knowledge (commercial/contract law, real estate, GDPR, litigation, regulatory etc.). The focus of this role shall be on commercial/contract law, real estate and, GDPR, including an in-depth understanding and appreciation of the impact of legal issues on a commercial organisation.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills and able to collaborate with non-legal departments to achieve common goals.
- Dynamism and motivation are part of your personality.
- You are familiar with following up disputes.
- You are efficient, eager to learn and client oriented.
- You are strong in both written and oral communication and you are a driven team player.
Your efforts, dedication and initiative will be rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package.