Master in Law with at least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of project management and/or corporate M&A and business law.
Fluent in English, Dutch and French.
We will get there!
Energy is essential to our modern lives, but only rarely do we ask how it gets to us. Fluxys knows how, because it puts energy in motion – today and for tomorrow.
Headquartered in Belgium, Fluxys is a fully independent gas infrastructure group with 1,300 employees active in gas transmission & storage and liquefied natural gas terminalling. Fluxys operates in Europe and is also developing activities in South America and Southeast Asia.
As Fluxys fully supports the climate goals set out in the Paris agreement and the European Green Deal and is pressing ahead to enable a 100% carbon neutral energy system by 2050. The company is getting ready for the transition to a hybrid energy future in which carbon-neutral molecules and renewable electricity complement one another in the energy system.
The energy transition requires all of us to work towards the goal of carbon neutrality. Human ingenuity, entrepreneurship and teamwork will get us there.
Are you a bright energetic person who wants to work on one of today’s biggest global challenges? Do you want to feel proud of your work?
Than come and join Fluxys as a Legal Counsel (m/f/x).
The purpose of the function is to provide legal support for commercial activities, business development and M&A activities.
You will work closely together with the General Counsel and the relevant Senior legal counsel as well as with the other legal counsels in the Department.
As a legal counsel, you will be in charge of three key areas:
- Business development and M&A
- You will take part in and lead the legal aspects of major business development projects and mergers and acquisitions. You will manage the structuring of these projects to support Fluxys in its general growth strategy.
- You will work closely with and manage external advisers.
- You will assess and limit the risks of each project by analysing the contractual documentation.
- You will negotiate, draft and review transaction documentation (memorandums of understanding, joint development agreements, commercial agreements, share purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, etc.).
- You will oversee signing and closing activities.
- Commercial contracts
- You will provide legal advice to the commercial departments of Fluxys in Belgium and abroad.
- You will draft and review complex commercial agreements in a (Belgian and European) regulated environment.
- Affiliate management
- You will be the single point of contact for legal issues relating to the operation of subsidiaries and shareholdings abroad.
- You will oversee business development activities in affiliated companies.
You have a Master in Law, with a thorough knowledge of Corporate Law / M&A and Business law. Experience in the field of project management is an important asset.
Knowledge of the energy sector is a plus.
You have at least 5 years of experience as an inhouse legal counsel or as a lawyer, preferably with international experience.
You are fluent in English (spoken and in writing) and you have a good knowledge of Dutch and French. Knowledge of German is a plus.
You have excellent analytical skills and you have a sense of detail in your legal work with the pragmatism and flexibility needed for business activities.
You are able to collaborate with non-legal departments in good understanding and you have the ability to convince others.
You have excellent communication and organization skills.
Dynamism and motivation are part of your personality.
Fluxys offers you the opportunity to help shape a vibrant future you can be proud of by contributing, collaborating, and innovating towards a carbon-neutral world.
The position offers internationally oriented complex project work with a hands-on approach.
Fluxys offers a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and competences.
You will be based in the headquarters in Brussels, but you will have the possibility to work two days a week from home.