Broad legal counsel role within a global leading automotive company for the region BeNeLux and French speaking countries in Africa.
We are looking for a Master in Law with minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience in (both private and public) contract / commercial law and corporate law, gained as a lawyer or in-house legal counsel in an international environment (ideally active in the automotive or infrastructures sector). Fluent in French, Dutch and English.
IVECO Group N.V., established on 1st January, 2022 following the execution of the deed of demerger from CNH Industrial, is a global automotive leader active in Commercial & Specialty Vehicles, Powertrain, and related Financial Services arenas, serving customers around the world. The company’s product range includes Light, Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicles (IVECO), Powertrain (FPT Industrial), Buses (HEULIEZ, IVECO BUS), Financial Services (IVECO CAPITAL), Specialty Vehicles (IDV, ASTRA and MAGIRUS).
The Company’s statutory seat is in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, its headquarters are in Turin, Italy, and its common shares are listed on the Euronext Milan.
IVECO Group is working on 4 top priorities for a more sustainable world: Reach Net Zero Carbon by 2040; Focus on safety first; Think circular: waste is a resource; Foster inclusion and engagement.
To support its activities in the Benelux region and French speaking countries in Africa, IVECO Group is currently looking for a (sole) Legal Counsel (m/f/x).
As a legal counsel you will be responsible for ensuring overall legal assistance on complex (cross-)regional projects as well as on country specific day-to-day topics.
You will act as a sole legal counsel in the specific region, reporting to the Head of Legal, based in Italy.
You essential responsibilities will be to:
- Provide proactive, in-depth, business-focused legal assistance and advice to IVECO Group brands and business functions in the assigned Region on all areas of law that affect the business (such as commercial and distribution law, corporate law, administrative law, IPT law, antitrust law, …);
- Negotiate, draft and review domestic and international commercial contracts and other legal documents (such as distributorship agreements, agency agreements, supply agreements, services agreements, sponsorship agreements, license agreements, assignment of credits, LOI, MoU, NDA,…);
- Ensure legal assistance in the field of administrative law, with particular regard to public contracts (i.e. focus on supplies contracts) and tender related issues, managing both extrajudicial and judicial topics;
- Participate in Legal & Compliance Department projects and tasks;
- Create, maintain, organize and manage appropriately all files regarding ongoing matters;
- Provide legal information to internal clients in collaboration with central functions to raise awareness and anticipate legal issues;
- Manage and report the relationship with outside legal counsel when necessary and appropriate, for example in the field of litigation.
- Belgian Master degree in Law.
- Around 6 years of professional experience in a law firm and/or as in-house lawyer in a multinational company (ideally active in the automotive or infrastructures sector).
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English (both written and spoken).
- Discrete and reliable.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Dynamic, eye for details, well organized, results oriented & efficient.
- Understands business urgencies and able to perform under demanding circumstances.
- Client-oriented and creative.
- Autonomous, able to work hands-on and operational, willing to go in the field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Mobile/flexible (occasional visits to locations in the BeNeLux and occasional travel to Africa).
- Likes to work in a multicultural environment.
- A varied function with responsibility and autonomy in an international legal team with complementary personalities.
- The opportunity to work in a company committed to transforming its business and leading the change to a more sustainable future.
- Dynamic and creative colleagues with a passion for the job.
- An attractive salary plus relevant fringe benefits.