Arval Belux is expanding and is hiring a legal counsel with experience in contract drafting, negotiating and reviewing, knowledge of consumer law is considered a plus. Belgian Master of Laws Degree and at least 6 years of experience within a law firm and/or within an inhouse legal department are required.
Arval, founded in 1989 and part of BNP Paribas Group, offers its clients and drivers the best mobility solutions to meet the challenges of today and the future. Arval can count on 7.500 employees in 30 countries worldwide to make their clients’ trips and journeys as seamless and sustainable as possible, regardless of their field – from multinationals to self-employed and private individuals, whatever mobility solution they need and whatever stage of their lives they are at.
Arval keeps a close eye on social developments in terms of mobility: new technologies, fleet electrification, stricter regulations, the role of cars in towns and cities, evolution from ownership to use, the emergence of the circular economy, the need for environmental protection, et cetera.
Working at Arval means evolving all the time. It is about making the most of your talents and developing on a personal and professional level.
As a Legal Counsel at Arval, you will:
- Provide legal support to Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg in a wide range of legal areas;
- Understand, evaluate, address and communicate timely and effectively the legal risks and opportunities associated with commercial transactions, business operations and projects while at the same time understanding the business requirements and needs;
- Facilitate decision-making: act as the point of contact supporting internal clients in the understanding of legal requirements and their effects on the business.
- Be closely involved with the business teams in the Belux region.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Contract drafting & negotiation with clients, suppliers and partners, drafting and management of contracts in cooperation with the concerned departments (such as for retail and sales);
- Support the business, and where needed liaise with outside counsel, in (pre-)litigation matters and customer queries;
- Identify and monitor legal risks and perform key controls on legal processes;
- Provide legal advice in ad-hoc matters in a variety of domains (e.g. personal data protection, competition/anti-trust, consumer law, insurance distribution,…);
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments in relation to matters affecting Arval’s activities;
- Contribution to new products and services (e.g. telematics, mobility platforms, …);
- Liaise with business representatives, compliance colleagues and other control functions e.g. Credit, Risk & Finance;
- You will report to the Head of Legal Belux.
- You obtained a Belgian Master of Laws Degree
- You have at least 6 years of experience within a law firm and/or within an inhouse legal department
- You gained expertise in commercial law. Knowledge of GDPR, ICT law and Consumer Law is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills and you dare to speak up
- You have an excellent knowledge of French and a very good knowledge of Dutch and English
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, challenging environment
- You are able to work independently and have strong organizational skills
- You are open minded, proactive and flexible
- You are detail-oriented with a pragmatic and hand-on approach in supporting the business
- The possibility to join a highly motivated team and be part of a big international group (BNP Paribas Group)
- The possibility to work in a very dynamic environment adapting continuously to the changing needs of the customers
- The possibility to be part of a company that is reorientating towards a real mobility provider with a focus on sustainability
- Realistic internal career opportunities
- Flexibility in organizing your work
- 2 days/week working from home as part of a full-time contract
- A highly competitive salary package with company car, meal vouchers, insurance and more