Master in Law with at least 5-10 years of experience in a company or an international law/consulting firm. Native Dutch, good working knowledge of English.
He/she is responsible for legal matters for the Belgian entities of PSA. The job covers a broad number of legal issues pertaining to the business and includes in any event the following activities:
- Giving sound yet highly practical legal advice in order to support the operations and ensure their compliance with legal requirements.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating all kinds of agreements, such as agreements with customers and suppliers, financing agreements, IT/IP related agreements, concession agreements, construction agreements (large equipment and buildings) on the best possible commercial terms.
- Corporate law assistance.
- Providing regulatory advice, and be a motivator and energizer for a strong culture of integrity and compliance.
- Follow up changes in law and contribution to the internal legal knowledge centre and legal team meetings.
- Creating legal forms and best practices.
The legal counsel will report to the Regional Legal Counsel PSA EuroMed & Americas.
- Master in Law (preferably Belgian law qualified).
- Approximately 5-10 years of working experience in an international context, preferably in the commercial and/or corporate / financial law department of a well-reputed law firm or in the legal department of a multinational company.
- Experience with financial contracts and project/corporate financing documentation and structuring is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English.
- Driven, ambitious and willing to take on responsibilities.
- Business oriented, practical, pragmatic and risk aware working style.
- Team player, but able to work autonomously.
- Excellent analytical skills, good in computing (especially the most used MS Office applications).
- Good personal communication and presentation skills, showing cultural awareness.
- A no nonsense and hardworking attitude.
- Stress resistant and able to work under pressure.
- An international orientation.
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated;
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits