Enthusiastic, value-driven young professional with a minimum of 5 years professional experience in corporate law and an interest in legal risk management. Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English.
Our Client is a family-owned investment company focusing on sustainable and impact investments. The investment philosophy is centred around People, Planet and Profit, in that order.
Our Client translates its investment philosophy through direct investments (minority and majority stakes), mainly in agriculture (incl. AgTech) and the maritime/logistical sector, and fund investments across various asset classes.
Our Client focuses its philanthropic convictions on various themes concerning girls’ and women’s well-being, whether on a social, economic or healthcare level.
Our Client, based in Antwerp, would like to reinforce its team with a Legal Counsel (m/f/x).
As a Legal Counsel you will report to the CEO and your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal support to our Client’s activities (general legal advice, legal structuring, projects, funds, governance, compliance,…);
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transaction documentation (SPA, SHA etc.) and commercial contracts (a.o. NDA’S, T&C’s, insurance policies, lease agreements,…);
- Identifying, evaluating and monitoring potential legal risk factors regarding business decisions when providing internal advice;
- Coordinating the corporate housekeeping and monitoring compliance with laws and regulations;
- Liaising with external legal and notarial advisors.
- You are a dynamic Master in law with minimum 5 years of experience in corporate M&A law, gained in a respected business law firm or a professional services environment.
- A good knowledge of fund structuring is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator with excellent analytical skills and sound legal judgement. You have an eye for detail while keeping a helicopter view.
- You have an open and positive can-do mentality, and you like to be challenged.
- You like to take responsibility and you can apply strong theoretical knowledge on practical situations, taking the company risk profile and goals into account.
- You are flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the job when required.
- You care about society and the environment and look forward to making a difference through your work.
- You look forward to working in a small team and taking charge of a broad range of files.
- You have a high degree of professionalism, values and ethics.
- You have strong language skills (Dutch, English). Italian is a plus.
- As a trusted legal advisor, you will be part of a small, dynamic and entrepreneurial team.
- Our Client commits to creating an inclusive and dynamic working environment, focusing on the next generation, climate, sustainable technologies and markets with a strong focus on ESG-matters.
- Work-life integration is important for our Client, while at the same time offering challenging legal work.
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package in line with your experience.