Master of Law with minimum 5 years of experience in a multinational corporation or a reputable law firm. Fluent in English.
The EXMAR Group is an international player in the oil and gas industry. Their core activity includes the transport and transformation of oil and gas (and derivate products) over sea. More than 1.400 seafaring crew and 250 shore-based staff daily join forces to provide their clients the best service and offer them innovative solutions. Together we make sure the world is supplied with gas which energizes both them and ourselves!
As part of a strong team of six legal counsels and paralegals, you will support the different business units of the EXMAR Group, world-wide, in the drafting, advice and negotiation of legal documentation and challenges.
Your responsibilities and tasks include:
- Drafting and negotiating legal documentation, as part of the relevant commercial or project team;
- Support the implementation and follow-up of contracts and management decisions;
- Proactively support and implement company strategic objectives and key projects;
- Lead dispute resolution in cooperation with external counsel and insurers; and
- Pro-active follow-up legal developments and keep template documentation up to date.
- Master in Law (postgraduate in maritime law or similar is considered a plus);
- Five to ten years of experience with a multinational corporation or a reputable law firm;
- Commercial mind who can place legal, compliance and risk management considerations in a broader business and financial context.
- Strong written and oral skills in English and Dutch. French or other languages a plus;
- Problem solver, excellent drafter, strong negotiator and stress resistant;
- Reliable team player, willing to learn and work in the maritime and energy business.
At EXMAR you operate in a very international, dynamic and, innovative environment. With EXMAR each working day looks different. EXMAR offers a competitive salary, supplemented with a nice package of fringe benefits. Since EXMAR considers personal development and career planning important, additional in-house and external training is supported.