Legal Counsel with 3 to 6 years of experience with focus on drafting, negotiating and ensuring compliance of all commercial and other contracts.
You have an excellent knowledge of English, German and at least 1 Eastern European language (Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Serbian,…).
Our client, Alpha Trains, is the leading and largest private operating lessor of rolling stock (passenger trains and locomotives) in Continental Europe, with headquarters in Luxembourg.
Around 125 employees from 19 countries work in offices in Luxembourg, Antwerp, Cologne, Paris and Madrid.
Alpha Trains owns more than 850 locomotives and passenger trains and offers tailor-made leasing solutions, comprehensive know-how in maintenance and vehicle repairs as well as long-term experience in the financing of new build projects. Alpha Trains' fleets are in use by many public and private operators in 17 European countries.
To support their sustainable and strong growth, our client is looking to strengthen their Legal department with a Legal Counsel, based in Antwerp, specialized in commercial contracts.
As Legal Counsel, you will support the business.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Drafting, negotiating and ensuring compliance of all commercial and other legal agreements, in accordance with group standards
- Handling disputes and following up of litigations
- Providing general and specialised legal advice to colleagues from other departments
- Ensuring availability and updates of standard lease and other contractual documents for our commercial and engineering teams
- Managing external counsels
- Preparation of internal agreements and documentation ensuring compliance with corporate governance
You will be based in Antwerp and report to the Legal & Operations Director.
- You obtained a Master in Law, with a preference for contract and company law
- You have 3 to 5 years of professional experience
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, German and at least 1 Eastern European language (Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Serbian,…)
- You are able to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- You are able to understand technical and financial implications of transactions
- You have a proactive, flexible and solution driven attitude and are stress resilient
- You are capable of building strong work relationships
- You are a true team player, but at the same time able to work autonomously
- You are organised, methodical, with a keen eye for and attention to detail.
Our client offers you an exciting and challenging job within a dynamic and multicultural company.
You will be part of a dynamic legal team within an international company.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.