Legal Counsel with 2 to 5 years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (lease agreements, real estate contracts, transport contracts, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, ...).
You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
Our client, Lineas, is the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. Lineas convinces companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. They make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
Our client is now looking to strengthen their Legal department with a Legal Counsel, based in Brussels, specialized in commercial contracts.
You will assist the respective senior legal counsel in the handling of commercial and operational legal matters, including:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts (lease agreements, real estate contracts, transport contracts, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements,…) in close cooperation with the business;
- Providing solution oriented legal advice on all matters in scope to enable proper monitoring, management and mitigation of the legal risks;
- Identifying, defining and developing standards in documentation and work flows to enable efficiency in the way of working of/with the legal function;
- Assisting in the settlement of disputes and where needed initiating and following up on litigation files;
- Providing relevant legal training to the business;
- Developing legal expertise in specific domains relevant to the business.
In this role you will act as a true business partner and you will have the opportunity to interact with people at all levels of the organization as well as with other members of the legal team and external contacts.
You will report to the General Counsel.
- You obtained a Master in Law
- You have 2 to 5 years of professional experience as an in-house lawyer in an international environment or as lawyer in one of the leading law firms in Belgium
- Excellent contract reviewing and drafting skills
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English (spoken and written).
- You have strong communication skills (able to translate complex legal matters into comprehensible language within a business community)
- You are pro-active and solution oriented
- You are integer
- You value diversity
- An additional experience in other field of law (competition, finance and/or corporate) or a strong interest in Legal Tech is considered a plus.
With Lineas, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company:
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast at Lineas and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.