Master in Law with minimum 5 years of experience in corporate law (including M&A) and contract law. You are fluent in English.
DEME Group, headquartered in Zwijndrecht, is a market leader in dredging, environmental and marine engineering business solutions, such as port construction and improving maritime access worldwide. DEME has been creating land for 150 years and will continue to do so in the future.
In an operational environment with an involvement in complex contract structures, with high expectations from clients and with increasing regulatory restrictions from authorities, DEME today is able to offer its worldwide clientele a total solution, bringing together state-of-the-art expertise and top partners to focus on economically viable long-term projects in the ports and maritime, offshore wind, green hydrogen and infrastructure sector that benefit concession owners, users and private-sector partners, through a variety of innovative international contract forms (turn-key, Engineering-Procurement-Construction (EPC), Design-Build-Finance-Maintain (DBFM), Public-Private Partnership (PPP), Early Contractor Involvement (ECI), etc.), in which contractual, financing and project insurance techniques go hand in hand.
To strengthen its legal department, DEME is looking for a Legal Counsel with experience in corporate Law (including M&A) and contract law.
You will be part of the legal department, situated at DEME’s headquarters, with an extensive and complimentary team of in-house legal counsels, each of them covering and responsible for one or more geographical areas in the world, DEME business units and particular professional domains.
Your function will mainly focus on corporate law (including M&A) and contract law, both at national and international level. In close cooperation with the other DEME departments, you will assist the worldwide projects before contract award, during contract execution and as from contract completion.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Legal support in respect of DEME’s concession projects in the ports and maritime sector, offshore wind, green hydrogen and other related sectors (a.o. assistance with the legal structure of complex concession projects, such as shareholder agreements, concession agreements, EPC contracts, MTC contracts, etc.).
- Legal support in respect of DEME’s M&A transactions.
- Negotiating and drafting all sorts of commercial contracts and being responsible for the management of the legal side of those contracts.
- Providing practical legal advice on a large scope of legal questions related to all DEME’s activities.
- Following up national and international litigation in which DEME is involved.
You will work together and report to a senior legal counsel of the legal department.
- You hold a Master in Law.
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in aforementioned areas, preferably as a lawyer or in-house counsel in an international environment.
- You are fluent in English. Other languages (French, Dutch) are an asset.
- You have strong communication and relational skills.
- You have affinity with ports, marine infrastructure offshore industry and/or renewables industry;
- You show creativity with regards to elaborating and providing solutions;
- You have an open, unprejudiced, and international view. You are willing to travel for a limited period of time and at short notice with respect and understanding for different cultures;
- You show curiosity and intellectual mobility, you are eager to learn and have an open mindset;
- You are known for your availability, as well as responsiveness, tenacity, and willingness to succeed;
- You are well organized and stress resistant, capable of handling multiple projects;
- You are assertive, self-confident and a true team player, and at the same time you are able to work autonomously.
The position offers an interesting blend of internationally oriented work in combination with a hands-on approach, which requires a willingness to get involved in the businesses. You will work closely together with the professionals of the concerned divisions in a stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities. You will be offered challenging work that you can organize with a high level of autonomy and you can count on a motivating and attractive remuneration package in accordance with your seniority and experience.