Legal Counsel with 3 to 5 years of experience in commercial contracts and corporate law.
You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English.
Kaneka Europe Holding Company NV is a subsidiary of Kaneka Corporation, a leading technology-driven chemical company, with headquarters in Osaka and Tokyo, Japan.
Kaneka offers a wide range of products and has its own worldwide manufacturing and marketing organization. Business activities span a broad spectrum of markets, from chemicals, functional plastics, food products, life science, synthetic fibres to electrical and electronic materials.
To support their sustainable and strong growth Kaneka Europe Holding is looking to strengthen their Legal department with a Legal Counsel, based in Westerlo and/or Zaventem.
As Legal Counsel, your main responsibilities will be :
- Providing legal advice and support to the General Counsel and the business divisions on contract law matters (drafting, updating, reviewing and analyzing, interpreting, adapting) ;
- Dealing with different kinds of contracts such as, inter alia: supply and purchase agreements, distribution and agency agreements, confidentiality agreements, service agreements, settlements, lease agreements, intra-group agreements, license agreements, letters of intent, etc., including drafting of templates and standard documents, policies, general terms and conditions;
- Providing advice in general business law and labor law matters;
- Support the General Counsel in developing legal awareness in the Company, by setting up legal training and in-house seminars and providing legal tools;
- Follow-up on litigation and claims handling;
- Providing support to the General Counsel in merger and acquisition transactions, asset purchase deals, joint ventures, strategic alliances, due diligence, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s legal and other obligations.
You will be based in Westerlo and/or Zaventem and report to the General Counsel.
- You obtained a Master in Law
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in commercial contracts and corporate law
- You are fluent in Dutch and English – both orally and in writing
- You are able to work independently
- You are patient by nature and have excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- You possess sound business judgment and you have a pragmatic, structured and solution-oriented way of working.
Our client offers you an exciting and challenging job within a dynamic company.
You will be part of a small legal team within an international company.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.