A sole legal counsel with 5 to 10 years of experience, specialised in commercial contracts law and compliance (anti-corruption, anti-trust, AML,…).
Excellent knowledge of Dutch, English and French required.
Our client, Mercedes-Benz Trucks BeLux, with its headquarters in Brussels, is part of Daimler Trucks.
The Mercedes-Benz brand is a synonym for first-class product and service quality, cost-effectiveness, reliability, and sustainability, as summed up by the slogan “Trucks you can trust.”
As part of the Daimler Trucks division, Mercedes-Benz Trucks has been a hallmark of premium quality for more than 100 years now. It stands for reliability and economic efficiency, as well as for first-class product and service quality and comprehensive expertise in the area of customer-oriented transport solutions.
Mercedes-Benz Trucks BeLux is currently seeking to recruit a Legal & Compliance Manager for its Head Office in Brussels (Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe/Woluwé-Saint-Lambert).
As the Legal & Compliance Manager at Mercedes-Benz Trucks BeLux (a sole legal counsel position), you will provide legal advice to the local management, if required in coordination with an external law firm. This includes:
- Ensuring a comprehensive legal support;
- Drafting and approving standard and non-standard legal documents (e.g. distribution/commercial contracts, transaction, legal letters);
- Managing and coordinating Corporate Affairs;
- Managing and following up court cases and other disputes;
- Observing trends in local legislation.
As the Legal & Compliance Manager, you will also provide advise on optimal compliance practices and most appropriate mechanisms to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
You will coordinate the implementation and maintenance of an effective Compliance Management System regarding anti-corruption, CSL, AML, anti-trust, integrity and data compliance. This includes ensuring:
- Compliance risk assessments, performance monitoring and reporting;
- Support of the local management in assuming and executing its responsibility to implement and maintain an effective Compliance Program;
- Compliance and Integrity awareness at the unit level;
- Implementation and maintenance of clear standards of business and ethical conduct consistent with Daimler Truck corporate standards;
- Implementation of risk based control procedures based on Daimler Truck Compliance standard;
- Ongoing, effective communications and training on compliance requirements for both internal stakeholders as well as external business partners.
You will report to the Head of Compliance Trucks in Germany.
- You have a Master Degree in Law;
- You have 5 to 10 years of working experience as an in-house legal counsel or as a business lawyer;
- You have excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial contract law;
- You have appropriate knowledge in applicable international and local laws (in particular distribution law, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, antitrust legislation and data protection), Sanctions Lists and other applicable regulations and generally accepted CMS framework agreements;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, Dutch and French - both written and verbal;
- You possess sound business judgment and are able to quickly analyze complex situations and information; you have a pragmatic and solution-oriented way of working.
You will find a dynamic job in an international environment. You will closely work together with the professionals of the business.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.