Master in Law with at least 5 years of experience in general business law & data protection, with ideally combined bar and in-house experiences. Fluent in English, French and Dutch.
Edenred is a pioneer, a tech leader and the everyday companion for people at work across more than 46 countries. Their 10.000 employees are committed to making the world of work a better place for all, one that is safer, more efficient and more user-friendly. At Edenred, their passion for customers, respect, imagination, simplicity and entrepreneurial spirit are their core values. For anyone who needs to vibe in their professional life, they are the best place to work and grow.
In 2021, thanks to its global technology assets, the Group managed more than €30 billion in business volume, primarily carried out via mobile applications, online platforms and cards.
Edenred is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange and included in the following indices: CAC Next 20, FTSE4Good, DJSI Europe and MSCI Europe.
The Legal & Compliance Counsel will supervise and provide counsel and support to executive level, senior management and operations, in all legal and compliance matters that arise within the Company; and contribute to the improvement of a legal culture and awareness.
You will report to the CFO. You will work for Edenred Belgium, where you will work in close collaboration with operational teams. Your scope also covers Edenred Luxembourg’s activities.
Your missions will involve to:
- Monitor legal and compliance risk profile of the Company.
- Provide legal day-to-day and legal strategic advise related to the Company's activities.
- Set-up and roll out procedures to improve legal awareness and compliancy (incl. provide training).
- Follow-up litigations.
- Support corporate transactions and corporate housekeeping tasks.
- Assist with contract negotiations.
- Creating and updating contract templates for operations.
- Manage and supervise the data protection advisor and the compliance advisor.
- Act as a point of contact for local regulators and the executive leadership and operations for data protection and other compliance issues of the Company and the company group.
- Monitor Regulatory and compliance topics.
The practice areas are the following:
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate law
- Competition law
- Technology and IP law
- Privacy law
- Consumer law
- AML, KYC, anti-corruption, ethics
- Regulatory (financial, service vouchers)
You have a Master in Law.
You have at least 5 years of experience in general business law & data protection, with ideally combined bar and in-house experiences.
You have demonstrated:
- Generalist knowledge in business and company law.
- Strong acumen in privacy law; at least affinity with other fields of compliance.
- Interest in technological topics. Knowledge of the context and issues related to Edenred’s business sector. Experience in the field of payments, new technologies or in a regulatory environment would be a plus.
- Interest in and capacity to understand and work with other disciplines.
- Good understanding of business and company stakes, pragmatic and solution oriented.
- Flexibility. Ability to manage projects in collaboration with others, and to work in a very international environment with teams with very varied expertise and profiles.
- Strong skills required in written and oral communication, and coordination.
- Autonomy and responsiveness. Hands-on, ability to identify and measure risks, prioritize actions, and make recommendations adapted to the context.
- Results oriented. Ability to facilitate corporate decision-making.
Languages required: Fluent in English, French and Dutch (written and oral).
You will have a dynamic job in a fast-moving business environment. You will closely work together with the business. You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.