Master in Law with 4 to 6 years of experience in Finance/Regulatory or Real Estate or Corporate/M&A.
You are fluent in Dutch and English.
Mitiska REIM is an independent and entrepreneurial real estate investment firm, active in 10 EU countries, with HQ in Groot-Bijgaarden (BE). Mitiska REIM manages and/or advises alternative investment funds with a combined real estate portfolio value (GAV) of more than EUR 1 billion. Mitiska REIM is a niche investor with a specialised focus on convenience real estate (retail parks, light industrial and urban logistics). Over the last 12 years, Mitiska REIM built up a strong and internationally recognised track record with a team of 35 professionals and a focus on sustainability and long-term value creation for the fund investors.
To support their further growth, they are looking for a versatile and enthusiastic Legal Associate.
You will report to the General Counsel. Your main responsibilities will include:
Compliance & Regulatory
- Drafting, keeping up to date and monitoring compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Following up on new legal obligations in the field of compliance.
- Reporting to the regulator(s).
- SFDR and ESG initiatives in general.
- UBO, AML and KYC obligations.
Legal support of country teams (real estate) in day-to-day business operations
- NDAs / LOIs / MOUs / Term sheets / Non-binding Offers (drafting and review).
- Preparing first drafts and/or review of key agreements (e.g. JV agreements, country partnership agreements, shareholders agreements, intragroup loan agreements); Coordination of work with external national and international law firms, notaries (e.g. incorporation of SPVs, capital increases or reductions, liquidations).
- Providing input on lease agreements, reviewing lease checklists, review master tenancy schedule.
- Sounding board for the paralegal in the legal team.
M&A transaction support (investments / divestments)
- Coordination of and assistance with (buy/sell) DD processes, negotiations and contract drafting.
- Assisting in review / mark-ups of transaction documents.
- W&I insurance policies.
- Following up on post-closing issues (e.g. remediations of DD items).
Investor relations support
- Interaction with investors (e.g. preparing documents for Board of Directors / General Assembly Meetings).
- Onboarding of new investors and preparing all documents for subscription for new funds.
- Intellectual property
- You hold a Master in Law.
- You have 4 to 6 years of experience in a top-tier law firm or as inhouse legal counsel and have experience in Regulatory/Finance or Real Estate or Corporate/M&A or.
- You have a willingness to become an all-round in-house lawyer. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You have commercial talent, analytical skills and you are able to apply legal concepts in a business environment. You are capable of working both independently and in team.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (excellent drafting skills); French and other language skills are a plus.
You will have a dynamic job in a fast-growing and pleasant business environment. You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package in accordance with your seniority and experience.