You are a European qualified lawyer with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the capital market or similar relevant experience preferably gained in the in-house legal division of a bank, financial market infrastructure or other financial institution or in a law firm.
You will provide legal support to Euroclear Bank as a member of the Euroclear Bank Core Legal Team.
You are fluent in English (working proficiency in French, Dutch or German is a plus).
Our client, Euroclear, is a user owned and governed Belgium based financial services company that specializes in the settlement of securities transactions as well as the safekeeping and asset servicing of these securities.
Euroclear settles domestic and international securities transactions, covering bonds, equities, derivatives and investment funds. Euroclear provides securities services to financial institutions located in more than 90 countries.
In addition to its role as an International Central Securities Depository (ICSD), Euroclear also acts as the Central Securities Depository (CSD) for Belgian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Irish, Swedish and UK securities. Euroclear is the largest international central securities depository in the world.
The Core Legal Team of Euroclear Bank is currently looking for a Legal Associate.
You will join a dynamic and diverse team of lawyers in a truly international environment.
As a member of the Core Legal Team of Euroclear Bank, your main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- handling legal and regulatory issues related to the operations of and services provided by Euroclear Bank, focusing on Euroclear Bank's global custody services, funds and asset servicing. You will mainly support Euroclear Bank’s operational and network management departments;
- providing general legal support to the internal clients ranging from client onboarding, handling of claims and punctual questions in a multijurisdictional context;
- drafting and negotiating contracts with counterparts (custody and cash correspondent agreements and agreements with local central securities depositories, service providers, etc) and clients;
- advising (internal) clients and management on the applicable legal framework in and outside Europe with an emphasis on asset protection, securities, funds and capital markets regulations;
- contributing to the creation and enhancement of services offered by Euroclear Bank: from conceptualization, documentation and delivery in production to a continuous evolution of services in an ever-changing environment;
- cooperating with other lawyers of the Legal Division on matters relevant for one or more entities of the Euroclear Group;
- building and providing training and guidance to Euroclear staff on legal matters.
On a daily basis, you will be working together closely with the other lawyers of the team.
- You have a European Law Degree (preferably obtained in Ireland, Belgium, the United Kingdom, France or the Netherlands);
- You have minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the capital markets gained in an in-house legal division of a financial institution or in a law firm;
- Prior knowledge of market practices in the financial world is a plus;
- You are fluent in English (working proficiency in French, Dutch or German is a plus);
- You have excellent drafting and communication skills in English and are able to integrate in a team;
- You are detailed-oriented, analytic, pragmatic, risk aware and capable to take initiatives;
- You are able to deliver high quality support consistent across jurisdictions, in a timely, cost efficient and effective way, and to build a solid understanding of the business of the Euroclear Group and Euroclear Bank in particular.
You will have the opportunity to work in a highly professional and at the same time people oriented and motivating working environment.
The content of your work will be varied and challenging.
You will be offered a remuneration package in line with your competencies and experiences, including fringe benefits.
Our client, Euroclear, recruits people from all walks of life. Their 3,500 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. They are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. They are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.