Master in Law with 4 to 6 years of experience in Corporate/M&A or Real Estate or Finance/Regulatory. You are fluent in Dutch and English.
Mitiska REIM is an independent and entrepreneurial real estate investment firm, active in 10 EU countries, with HQ in Groot-Bijgaarden (BE). Mitiska REIM manages and/or advises alternative investment funds with a combined real estate portfolio value (GAV) of more than EUR 750 million. Mitiska REIM is a niche investor with a specialised focus on convenience real estate (retail parks, light industrial and urban logistics). Over the last 10 years, Mitiska REIM built up a strong and internationally recognised track record with a team of 25 professionals and a focus on sustainability and long-term value creation for the fund investors.
To support their further growth, they are looking for a versatile and enthusiastic Legal Associate.
You will report to the General Counsel. Your main responsibilities will include:
Legal support of country teams (real estate) in day-to-day business operations
- NDAs / LOIs / MOUs / Term sheets / Non-binding Offers (drafting and review).
- Preparing first drafts and/or review of key agreements (e.g. JV agreements, country partnership agreements, shareholders agreements, intragroup loan agreements)Coordination of work with external international law firms, notaries (e.g. incorporation of SPVs, capital increases or reductions, liquidations).
- Providing input on lease agreements, reviewing lease checklists, review master tenancy schedule.
- Sounding board for the paralegal in the legal team.
M&A transaction support (investments / divestments)
- Coordination of and assistance with (buy/sell) DD processes, negotiations and contract drafting.
- Assisting in review / mark-ups of transaction documents.
- W&I insurance policies.
- Following up on post-closing issues (e.g. remediations of DD items).
Compliance & Regulatory
- Drafting, keeping up to date and monitoring compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Following up on new legal obligations in the field of compliance.
- Reporting to the regulator(s).
- SFDR and ESG initiatives in general.
- UBO, AML and KYC obligations.
Investor relations support
- Interaction with investors (e.g. preparing documents for Board of Directors / General Assembly Meetings).
- Onboarding of new investors and preparing all documents for subscription for new funds.
- Intellectual property
- Fund structuring
- You hold a Master in Law.
- You have 4 to 6 years of experience in a top-tier law firm or as inhouse legal counsel and have experience in Corporate/M&A or Real Estate or Regulatory/Finance.
- You have a willingness to become an all-round in-house lawyer. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You have commercial talent, analytical skills and you are able to apply legal concepts in a business environment. You are capable of working both independently and in team.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (excellent drafting skills); French and other language skills are a plus.
You will have a dynamic job in a fast-growing and pleasant business environment. You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package in accordance with your seniority and experience.