Bachelor of Law with at least 5 years’ experience in corporate housekeeping and corporate governance.
Fluent in French and English.
Hamon Group, a French-Belgian founded company, is a worldwide leader in the field of engineering and contracting (engineering, construction and management of projects). Its activities include design, manufacturing of key components, installation and maintenance of cooling systems, heat exchange process, air cleaning systems, energy recovery systems as well as chimneys, for electricity production, oil and gas sectors and to some other heavy industries sectors such as mining, waste disposal, cement, metallurgy, glassmaking, chemistry.
The company is listed on Euronext Brussels, has 60 subsidiaries spread over 23 countries worldwide and employs 1.400 people.
As a Legal Assistant, you will report directly to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary. You will be in charge of the legal administration of the group and as such, you will have contact with global external legal partners and colleagues.
Your tasks will be as follows:
- Corporate housekeeping : filing, management and update of corporate information of the company and its 60 subsidiaries in the company’s records and with the group digital tools;
- Follow-up on the Board of Directors and General Assemblies for the Belgian and French entities: assistance for drafting convocations and minutes of the meetings, updating mandates of directors, publication and classification of minutes;
- Drafting, organizing, following-up and classify powers of attorney, delegations of power, legal (electronic) signatures, legalisations, apostils and sworn translations;
- Corporate governance & compliance: follow-up on regulatory formalities such as Fatca, UBO, KYC, etc., as well as requirements from FSMA (PDMR list, regulated information, transparency notifications).
- Follow-up and amend intercompany agreements, regarding for example management fees or financial agreements;
- IP trademarks: follow-up on IP portfolio worldwide (mainly Germany and US), registration of trademarks, contact with local legal partners, billing, etc.
You have a Bachelor in Law.
You have at least 5 years’ experience in corporate legal processes, corporate housekeeping, etc.
You are also interested in other areas of law such as Intellectual Property, Corporate Social Responsibility, etc.
You are fluent in French and English, written and spoken.
You have strong administration and organization skills.
You have a professional attitude and you are able to adapt and work in a team.
Hamon offers you:
- An international, dynamic and challenging working environment. While the company enjoys a solid and stable reputation in its market, the new management team is leading the group in a stimulating renewal phase in terms of business services and culture. This makes it a very exciting period to join the company.
- A permanent contract with a very attractive salary and many additional benefits: a company car, net allowance, bonus, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, 28 holidays.