Legal counsel with 3-6y experience commercial contracts, preferably in an international setting.
Our client, an international hardware & software manufacturer with headquarters in West-Flanders, designs technology that makes everyday life a little better.
With a focus is on three core markets and with a team of over 3,600 employees, located all around the globe, they realized sales of over 1 billion euro in 2019.
- You will be part of the Legal, Risk & Compliance department with operations in Belgium, US, China and Taiwan.
- You will work out of the company’s headquarters in West-Flanders.
- You will be in the front row of the day-to-day commercial contract review process for the sales and services teams in the EMEA region. You will be the first interface of the internal customer who seeks support for the contract lifecycle (creation – review – signature – renewal) of any commercial contracts such as NDA’s, frame agreements with sales, service and integrator partners, teaming agreements, letters of intent,.). You will liaise with the senior counsels in the team for the more sophisticated transactions or projects.
- You will have frequent international contacts with colleagues in other functions like sales, service, marketing, finance, commercial partners, end-customers, in-house counsels and attorneys and will take part in commercial negotiations.
- You pro-actively mitigate risks and contain potentially litigious matters regarding unpaid invoices, quality issues, contract renewals, commission payments, etc.
- Degree in Law, ideally coupled with some bar experience.
- Knowledge of international sales contracts and basic principles of competition, privacy and anti-bribery laws. A strong software contract background is considered a plus.
- A first demonstrable experience in reviewing typical Anglo-Saxon contracts in an international law firm or company, preferably a software or technology company.
- Solid, stress–resistant professional, a team player with a real roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, communication and negotiating skills and a good sense of humour. Ability to prioritize and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely, decisive manner, to use common sense to escalate relevant issues and to propose pragmatic solutions in a concise manner.
- Strong command of Dutch and English, both oral (active participation in conference calls) and written (reviewing and redlining contracts). Any additional language skills (French, Spanish, German, …) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, …).
We offer you the opportunity to join an international company committed to success, with the impact of your drive and energy reflected in the company's results. We also offer a rewarding salary package in line with your experience.