Human Resources Specialist with minimum three years of relevant professional experience in HR-related activities, preferably in a legal or international business environment. Very good knowledge of English.
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (CGSH) is an elite international law firm with an office in Brussels, which is praised for its superior reputation, the quality of its legal advice and client service, the talent and versatility of its lawyers, its culture of excellence, its strong client base and international mind-set. The firm is at the top of the market in all of its locations and has an excellent track record of successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions and of delivering top quality legal advice and business-oriented solutions.
To strengthen its Brussels HR team, CGSH is currently seeking a Human Resources Specialist.
As HR Specialist you will help out in the all-round performance of the HR team’s daily tasks and responsibilities, mainly in relation to our professional staff (+/- 100 employees).
In particular, you will:
- Liaise with our external payroll provider to coordinate and guarantee a smooth payroll process;
- Ensure correct application of Belgian social legislation and stay up to date in this regard;
- Establish a positive relationship with all staff members to answer HR related queries and provide counsel, while also acting as the official Person of Trust for the Brussels office;
- Coordinate administrative requirements in relation to transfer and secondment of staff members (e.g., visa, work permit, professional card);
- Work closely together with our Health & Safety Coordinator and take initiatives to foster the wellbeing of both professional and legal staff in the office;
- Take the lead on recruitment of professional staff, whenever vacancies occur;
- Participate in local or global HR projects and further develop or implement them;
- Provide back-up for other HR team members when necessary.
You will report to the Human Resources Manager, also based in Brussels.
- Bachelor or Master degree in HR sciences;
- Minimum three years’ experience in HR-related activities as specified above, preferably in a legal or international business environment;
- A passion for HR and a genuine interest in the legal industry;
- Fluent in French or Dutch and a very good knowledge of English;
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian social legislation and payroll processes;
- Comfortable with project and change management;
- Good command of Microsoft applications and relevant HR tools (payroll and time registration);
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both orally and in writing);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment, by building credibility and trust with staff members throughout the firm;
- Ability to perform effectively in a service-oriented environment and demonstrating professional ethic and manner;
- Pro-active work attitude, results-oriented, reliable and flexible;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work independently while at the same time showing a true team spirit.
In addition to a motivating and attractive remuneration package, CGSH offers you the opportunity to work on a broad range of HR activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
This is a great opportunity for an HR professional looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and going the extra mile are the core values.