Looking for a Group General Counsel (Solo) to advise on legal and commercial risks associated with business operations, their potential impact and suggested mitigating actions for Ricoh and its group companies at Belgium and Luxembourg level with occasional support on EMEA-wide projects and opportunities and global initiatives that require liaison with other countries.
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services that enable individuals to work smarter from anywhere.
With cultivated knowledge and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-years history, Ricoh is a leading provider of digital services and information management, and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group has major operations throughout the world and its products and services now reach customers in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2021, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,682 billion yen (approx. 15.1 billion USD).
- Advise on customer and supplier contracts affecting Ricoh Belgium, Ricoh Luxembourg, Upfront, Orbid and Ricoh Europe.
- Ensure that Group policies and initiatives are implemented and understood by the business and monitor processes to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with Regional Legal Manager and OpCo management to produce group wide effective contracts.
- Manage external legal support to cost and quality controls
- Manage the group’s risk profile by drafting robust contracts and providing accurate legal advice to any group project activity
- Manage reports to agreed performance levels with set objectives and review points if applicable.
- Counsel, advise, and train relevant staff on legal matters that represent a particular risk for the organisation.
- Becomes a natural “go to” lawyer for all OpCo lines of business and evidence a strong contribution to the EMEA wide legal team. · Concludes projects/ activity to time and quality.
Professional legal qualification (Master degree in Law) with minimum 5 year experience as a lawyer registered at the Bar or as an in-house lawyer in a multinational and/or a comparable business
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and other legal documents, with a focus on (framework) agreements for delivering hardware, software and cloud/IT solutions.
- Ability to problem solve by presenting alternatives and proposed solutions to business risks.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organisational skills.
- Effective communication at all levels both internal and external including evidence of sophisticated negotiation skills.
- Persuasiveness at management level.
- Diplomatic skills and able to navigate in company with multiple cultures.
- Commercial awareness, with strong process orientation.
- Results focused with ability to meet deadlines.
- Customer oriented with experience of business partnering with internal lines of business.
- Experience of working in global/regional environment.
- Language skills an advantage.
- Dutch, French and English language skills required (professional working capacity).
- Flexible and diplomatic yet persistent in reaching objectives.
- Ability to deal with and efficiently manage multiple work projects and a large volume of work.
- Experience in managing external legal support and related advisers.
- Ability to support, promote and implement Group initiatives and strategies across several jurisdictions.
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to run internal training sessions.
- Demonstrates accountability for own work and ability to drive activity to a positive conclusion.