Stow is looking for a General Counsel with at least 15 years of experience in business law.
Stow is one of the leading providers of storage and racking systems. Their core activity is the development and manufacturing of top-quality racking systems for the storage of palletised or small goods and longer items, as well as mezzanine structures.
With 9 production sites, 13 commercial entities and an extensive distributor network, Stow delivers products and services to more than 50 countries worldwide. As a result of Stow’s commitment to warehouse automation, stow Robotics was launched in September 2021, regrouping all existing automated solutions for pallets and totes and the related services and teams. Through this newly created business unit, Stow is building a platform of scalable automated solutions and continues to invest in groundbreaking technologies such as Atlas, 2D, e.scala & iFollow’s robot and software offering
To support their ambitious growth plans, Stow is currently looking for a General Counsel (m/f).
As a Group General Counsel, you will act as a trusted business partner for all legal questions/projects for the entire group.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial contracts in a project environment ;
- Providing (pro)active legal advice on legal-strategic issues (IP, privacy, corporate law, M&A, insurances, claims, compliance,…) except labor law, limiting legal risks and striving for an optimal balance between the legal possibilities and the interests of Stow;
- Reviewing and optimizing all insurance policies;
- Managing disputes and claims and liaising with external counsels if necessary;
- Following-up of relevant legislation (e.g. privacy, IP), analysing its impact on the business and implementing if needed;
- Setting-up and maintaining a compliance framework and programme for the group (GDPR, data protection, anti-bribery, code of conduct, etc.) and further implementing group policies, procedures and guidelines to mitigate the legal risk of the company;
- Coordinating the corporate housekeeping of the different corporate entities;
- Further developing a state-of-the-art contract management system (templates, know-how, filing system);
- Contributing to the further development of a "legal reflex" in the company, e.g. by setting up legal training courses, providing legal tools (such as legal checklists, contract templates, etc.) to help the business partners work more autonomously.
You will manage a legal counsel and will work closely with the different C-levels (CEO robotics, CSO, CTO, ..) and reporting line to the CFO.
You obtained a Belgian Master's degree in Law and you can demonstrate at least 15 years of relevant experience, gained in an international context (familiarity with an industrial and/or production environment is considered a plus).
You have an in-depth experience in business law (e.g. commercial contracts, corporate law, IP, GDPR, insurances) and compliance.
You have strong communication skills, and you can act as a trusted advisor and a sparring partner for the business and the management based on your legal expertise.
You can set priorities and provide pragmatic, client-oriented and simple solutions to complex problems. You have strong analytical skills, and you work efficiently and in a structured way.
You are business minded and driven by results. You think in terms of solutions.
You are ambitious by nature, willing to go the extra mile.
You demonstrate a sense of responsibility, ownership and integrity. You have a can-do attitude and strong managerial skills.
You are willing to travel if necessary.
Languages: Dutch, English and French (fluently written and spoken). Knowledge of other foreign languages is considered a plus.
The opportunity to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial and internationally oriented company with an exciting and dynamic culture;
A highly competitive and attractive salary package in line with your experience and skills.